cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

I-dont-know
Adept I

Win 11 update problems with amd radeon vega 8

Hello, everyone. Every time I install amd Adrenalin to get the latest graphics driver, even though I haven't even finished this update, win11 Update Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Extension plays along without icg being able to prevent it .Is there a solution for this without completely deactivating the update function or something similar.

0 Likes
1 Solution
I-dont-know
Adept I

Now a new problem has appeared...

Windows Update may have automaically replaced youre AMD Graphics driver.Hance,the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installes AMD Graphics driver

Does anyone know anything about this?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies

There are Tutorials with various options at https://www.elevenforum.com/

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
I-dont-know
Adept I

I'll try that https://www.minitool.com/news/enable-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-11.html. Are the drivers displayed for download despite deactivation in Windows 11 so that they can then be downloaded manually? Or do I have to activate the download again, which brings me back to my problem.

0 Likes

Eleven Forums has a step by step instructions on how to disable Windows Update of Drivers for both 10 & 11: elevenforum- enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2232/ 

To manually download your APU Processor's Integrated Graphics go to AMD Download page and click on "Processors with Graphics"

Then choose the model APU processor you have installed and click on the Windows version you have and download.

0 Likes
I-dont-know
Adept I

I've had to do it too often because Win11 Update delivers the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver as soon as the system recognizes that I've installed the AMD driver. I want to prevent that.

0 Likes
I-dont-know
Adept I

Just too bad that you can't define exactly which driver is meant in the guidelines.

0 Likes
I-dont-know
Adept I

It doesn't work via the group policy in Win11.

0 Likes

Which version of Windows 11 do you have installed? Pro or Home?

If Windows Pro then Group Policy should have worked. I had Windows 10 at the time I disable Driver update via Group Policy and it still is working even after upgrading to Windows 11.

Went to my Win 11 Settings under Windows update and it shows that the driver update is under Group Policy which means it is disabled:

Screenshot 2022-12-06 114516.png

If you have Windows Home then you need to change Windows Registry entry to disable Driver updates on your Windows version.

I-dont-know
Adept I

I have Win11 Home, I hope I've solved it with the registry now.

I-dont-know
Adept I

I'm seeing Win Update showing Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. but not downloading or installing it

I-dont-know
Adept I

Now a new problem has appeared...

Windows Update may have automaically replaced youre AMD Graphics driver.Hance,the version of AMD Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installes AMD Graphics driver

Does anyone know anything about this?

0 Likes
I-dont-know
Adept I

Hi, everyone....

I seem to have found a solution to my problem.

I first put the computer into safe mode, then completely removed the AMD drivers with DDU and last but not least with wushowhide.diagcab the Advanced Micro Devices update that always pushes win11 hidden. Then restarted the computer and reinstalled the original drivers from AMD, that was on December 9th, 2022. Today is December 18th, 2022 and everything is the way I want it to be.

If anything changes, I'll post an update.
Oh yeah, things with the registry etc. didn't work for me.
My System-Win11 Home upgrade,AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx.
I hope this can help, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

0 Likes
petergroft29
Journeyman III

Free up some drive space so you can run updates
Restart to apply installed updates
Run Windows Update again
Disconnect external hardware
Update third-party drivers
Check Device Manager for errors

Regards,
Peter