cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

hquincho
Journeyman III

When will Windows 11 be compatible with AMD Ryzen 3 2200G?

As it seems to be in Windows 11, the localization of processes is not carried out in the best of the kernels when they need it. Which especially affects CPUs with more than 8 cores and consumptions above 65 W.

It is also true that the latency with the L3 cache can be increased up to three times more, let's not forget that in the Zen architecture the L3 cache is inside each CCD and despite being the last level it is not in a shared space, in such a way that it is necessary to access another CCD and all this with enormous latency.

0 Likes
2 Replies

When Microsoft softens its strict restrictions on technical features for Windows 11 Processors which doesn't include the AMD Zen processors like yours.

So for the time being, in my opinion,  it probably will never be compatible as security features becomes more technologically advanced in Windows 11 making it less chance that Zen processor will become compatible.

Who knows maybe Microsoft will come out with a Lite version of Windows 11 that will be compatible with most processors no matter how old it is.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this happens, because my Threadripper 1900X 8 Core is not compatible with Win 11. But I will use Win 10 as long as possible, I have regretted switching from Windows 7 to 10. My Win 7 was without interruption and reinstallation until Win 10 upgrade on my PC without any problems. As far as the new security features in Win 11 are concerned, a door to every PC is wide open, pants down at every start. In my opinion, the security of the PC is just a PR gag. You notice that when you install the Radeon driver without a network, then there is a message about the security. The private security programs, like Bitdefender for me, have become too good, hence the back door over the CPU and motherboard.

0 Likes