cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

mrsmooth0711
Adept II

What is Novice III? I just went through all liked author's and there isn't any.

I've been grinding to try and get to Novice III and finally decided to find a Novice III and look at what badges and stats they had so i would know if I was close or what. But when I went to find one there isn't any. Does anyone know why?

1 Solution

According to Ashley_AMD you are above Novice III as a Journeyman III.

This is AMD Ranking System posted by AMD Moderator Ashley_AMD: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/fyi-ashley-amd-just-posted-the-ranking-system-for-a...

View solution in original post

9 Replies

According to Ashley_AMD you are above Novice III as a Journeyman III.

This is AMD Ranking System posted by AMD Moderator Ashley_AMD: https://community.amd.com/t5/general-discussions/fyi-ashley-amd-just-posted-the-ranking-system-for-a...

Thanks! I must have zoomed past it and not realized. It must not take much to get past it because everyone is either a Newcomer or journeyman and above.

mrsmooth0711
Adept II

I came for the sweepstakes but I'm staying for the great community! Seems like there isn't many like this left that isn't Reddit or some other social media site. 

LoL, I kinda figured that was why you were asking about AMD Ranking System. But still it is informative to new Users to know about the various rankings in this Forum.

It gives them an incentive to keep active at AMD Forums.

Yeah now that I know I'm past Novice I'm going to go for Elite. It was fun to have a goal to try to reach so I'll just move the goal post. LOL

Hi @elstaci ! Happy Friday!

Welcome @mrsmooth0711 - and we also have "badges". Click on the "My Profile" link in the dropdown menu under your avatar to see them.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Hello @Sam_AMD  same to you!

This was my intention as well, but the info and articles here are definitely something I plan on hanging around for.

I believe this is the first time that I am aware of that AMD had a Promotion for just the AMD Users at AMD Forums.

In my opinion, I believe it was a huge Marketing step by AMD because now many Users that normally would only post once then stop being active at AMD Forums, now due to greed (-: , needs to be active enough to reach Novice III rank to be able to participate in the AMD Forum's Promotion.

Plus it is one way, inexpensively, to reward Users who are active at AMD Forums.  Inexpensively in the respect the amount of money that AMD probably spends on Marketing and Promotions at other sites.

0 Likes