cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Tricczyy
Adept II

Warzone 3 / MW3 Crashes PC (Instant reboot)

Hello everyone!

I'm having some issues with the new version of Warzone/MW3. My system fully reboots while playing, something that's never happened before with any other games or stress tests. I don't get a blue screen, just straight black and then a reboot.

My specs:
Ryzen 9 5900x
MSI x570 Tomahawk
XFX Speedster Merc 6900 XT 16GB Black V2
32GB 3600mhz CL 14 ram
2x1TB m.2 drives
850W Corsair power supply.

I've tried running HWinfo to see if overheating was causing the crash, max CPU temp is 73 and GPU is 75 while playing. As mentioned above, this doesn't happen with any other game titles, so I'm more inclined to think that it's the game causing the crash.
I found a reddit post related to this issue with Modern Warfare 3, where people on lots of different systems experience this, also on Intel/Nvidia.

A lot of people mention it being related to PSU problems with power spikes and such, but in my opinion this can't be the case since it doesn't happen with stress tests or other game titles.

My hope is that someone from AMD can contact BeenoxCODPC (in charge of the PC port of Call of Duty) and get this issue resolved - I've tried getting through to them on Twitter with no luck.
I was starting to think it was time to upgrade my system, but after reading up on this, I've seen that it also happens on newer systems like 7800x3d/7900xtx. I don't think it's an AMD specific problem, but I don't know what else to do here.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Tricczyy
Adept II

Forgot to mention that I'm currently on Windows 10. I've tried Windows 11, but the issue is still there, just with worse performance - So I went back to Win 10.

All drivers and OS are fully updated, same with my BIOS.

0 Likes

Hi;

I am having the same issue that you are talking about, and it started 2 days ago while playing warzone.

SPECS:

AMD RYZEN 7 5800x
RTX 3080
MSI  MAG 550 Tomahawk
32GB 3600mhz CL 14 ram
1x1TB m.2 drives
850W Corsair power supply

Let me know if you got any solution.

Thank you

isay5701
Adept I

Hello. After rebooting while playing games. Open the event viewer and see what is written in the Error section. It will probably say certificate error. If so, there is no solution yet

0 Likes

Garbage, that is not the issue.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
isay5701
Adept I

Is it garbage? I have that same problem. It gives the same error in different games, regardless of the game. Go into the event viewer and look.

0 Likes
jakslap
Challenger

I also had this issue with the latest version of AMD software playing the finals. 

0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept I

Had similar issues and disabling Smart Access Memory has kept my Warzone running for a while now.

0 Likes
isay5701
Adept I

It is not clear when the error will occur. Sometimes it doesn't cause any problems for hours. Sometimes it reboots repeatedly. To solve the problem, I went back to Win10 and installed all the drivers manually one by one. I had the same problem again. I switched back to win11. I turned off ftm from bios settings and reinstalled all drivers and win. I made the updates. The clean install worked for a bit, but yesterday it rebooted again during the game. When I looked at the event logs, I was getting a scep certificate error and I looked at what was written on the forum for this error and there was no solution. AMD says the problem is caused by Microsoft. Microsoft says get help from AMD. complete chaos

0 Likes
robbieillini
Journeyman III

• AMD 7800X3D
  • RTX 4090
  • MSI X670E Carbon WIFI
  • MSI 1300W PSU
  • 64 GB G.Skill Trident 
  • NZXT Kraken 360 AIO
  • Windows 11

Had same issue for months now.  Have looked at that same Reddit thread and tried basically everything.   GPU never above 55C and CPU temps never above 65C.  Originally had Intel 14900k processor and same motherboard and replaced the MOBO and CPU for the AMD 7800X3D I now have.  Was able to play Warzone for a few games and then had PC reboot randomly again.  Tried doing the reloading of shaders before playing and that worked for a little while (was able to play 5-6 hours without crashing) and now it's crashing every game.  Have basically run out of ideas and can't fathom that I should need to buy a1600W PSU to play this stupid game.  Don't have any issues with any other game or benchmarks. 

Minsup54
Adept II

Make sure you monitor your GPU clock speeds. I noticed mine auto boosts well above normal.

0 Likes
isay5701
Adept I

Which company is the video card manufacturer of the users experiencing this problem? For example, my card is radeon rx 5700 xt. The manufacturer is XFX  

0 Likes