cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Lypad
Adept I

vram problem

Today I looked at my pc that I assembled a few days ago and I realized that my apu Ryzen 5600G was using 521mb of vram, so I went to the BIOS to change it, but when I turn on the pc it still uses only 512mb, i saw some videos on how to change the vram memory of the apus, it was two methods that I tried, one entering the AMD CBS part and another one to OI Ports, neither of them worked. 

If you could help me I would be very grateful.

Sin título.png

OI Ports

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-01 at 15.15.37 (1).jpeg

AMD CBS

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-01 at 15.15.37.jpeg

0 Likes
3 Replies

In BIOS Settings you should have a Settings with various vRAM amount in which you can click on the amount you want your APU to have.

Another User was having a similar issue here at AMD Forums where he was having a hard time changing the APU vRAM in BIOS. Turned out that there was a second BIOS setting that needed to be enabled to make it work.

You didn't mention your Gigabyte Motherboard exact Model. I would read your Motherboard's Manual. Many times in the BIOS section it explains most of your BIOS settings and what they do.

0 Likes

I have a Gigabyte B550m H, and I don't know what other option there is, I went to Settings-AMD CBS-NBIO Common options-GFX Configuration, I changed it to UMA_SPECIFIED and I put 2gb on it.
The route with OI Ports is similar, Settings-OI Ports-Integrated Graphics, I choose Forces, then UMA Frame Buffer Size and I choose 2gb.

What I realized is that when I let the pc turn on and off to go back to the BIOS, the options that I change in NBIO Common options are reset, it goes from being in UMA_SPECIFIED to AUTO.

0 Likes

I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket and ask them what is happening.  They can probably tell you which BIOS settings you need enabled to change the vRAM in BIOS permanently.

It is possible another BIOS setting is preventing the vRAM from being permanent. BIOS might be seeing some sort of conflict with other BIOS settings when booting up and automatically change the settings to where there is no conflict anymore.

From your Manual concerning BIOS Settings:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 150056.png

Stupid question but you don't have a separate GPU Card installed correct? Just using the APU Integrated Graphics?

This probably based on the original BIOS version from the motherboard so it might be out-dated somewhat.

0 Likes