Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

imbalpapaya
Adept I

Unable to connect wirelessly to TV

Hello,

I recently switched my GPU from GTX 1060 to RX 6600XT. I did an uninstall of my NVIDIA driver using DDU, following their instructions on doing the uninstallation in safe mode.

Before the GPU switch, I could wirelessly connect, consistently, to my LG TV without any problem. But after the GPU switch, I am unable to connect wirelessly at all. After clicking Connect to my LG TV, my computer would attempt to connect; the TV would also detect that the computer is trying to connect. But it just fails, with my TV going back to TV mode and my computer indicating that the connection has failed.

Besides the GPU switch, nothing else was changed. So the error should not be with the WIFI, TV, or Windows. My AMD Andrenalin is V 22.Q4. Please help.

0 Likes
6 Replies

You didn't mention how you are using your TV linked wireless to your PC but have you tried using AMD LINK App: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/amd-link-faq

What is AMD Link?

AMD Link is a ground-breaking app designed to enable users to stream their Windows desktop and games to mobile devices, TVs and other Windows PCs. You can also monitor performance and PC system info, stream/share gameplay moments and remotely control your desktop using custom hotkey.

According to Microsoft you can use Windows to connect to your Wireless TV but you will need a Miracast Capable PC or dongle and TV: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/connect-a-wireless-display-to-your-windows-pc-f2239d99-3...

Miracast wireless displays

Wirelessly connect your PC to a TV, projector, another PC, or other kind of external display that supports Miracast.

1. Turn on your TV or projector. If you're using a Miracast dongle or adapter, make sure it's plugged in to the display.

2. On your PC, make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.

3. On the right side of the taskbar, select the Network icon > Cast, then select your display or wireless adapter.

4. Follow any additional instructions on the screen. Otherwise, you're done.

From AMD concerning connecting a Wireless Display: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/wireless-display

*Additional hardware (e.g. HD or 4K monitor, USB, 3.0 ports, wirelessly enabled HDTV) and/or software (e.g. multimedia applications and/or Wi-Fi access) are required for the full enablement of some features. HD/4K Video display requires an HD/4K video source.  Not all features may be supported on all components or systems - check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies.

For more information on AMD features and software go to amd.com/featuredetails.

1. AMD Wireless Display technology provides the ability to wirelessly display local screen content onto a remote screen with low latency and automatic upscaling of video and graphics. AMD Wireless Display technology is enabled on select systems with AMD APUs and requires Windows 8 and Wi-Fi certified Miracast™ receiver equipment. Confirm capabilities with system manufacturer before purchase.
  2. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs. The 2013 AMD Elite A-Series platform showed latency using AMD Wireless Display of approximately 60 milliseconds (60ms) while the Intel WiDi system showed 201ms. Test used was a browser based stopwatch showing the time difference between the PC screen and display. Systems used were an ASUS N56DY with the AMD A8-5550M APU with Radeon™ HD 8550G Graphics, 2x2048 MBytes of DDR3-800.0 MHz (PC3-12800) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (x64) Build 9200; a LENOVO ThinkPad X230 with Intel Core i7-3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz with Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics, 2x2048 MB DDR3-800.0 MHz (PC3-12800) RAM, Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (x64) Build 9200. Both platforms used the Netgear PTV3000 to connect to the HDTVs.  PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. RIN-26

Hello elstaci,

With my old GTX 1060, I am able to connect wirelessly with Miracast, without any problem. Both my TV and desktop support Miracast. But am unable to do the same now after switching to RX 6600XT.

For the AMD Wireless Display, does it already come with the lastest AMD Andrenalin or is it a separate driver to install? I entered the link provided (https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/wireless-display), but there isn't any link to download.

Found this article about if your PC supports Miracast. It mentions  to save your Windows DXDIAG.exe file and check to see if Miracast is showing to support it: https://letsview.com/faq/solve-miracast-issues.html

Screenshot_20230302_052724.png

Also found this article about if your GPU Driver doesn't support Miracast. Also mentions DXDIAG as one way to see if Miracast is supported or not: https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-11-miracast-not-supported/

Also mentions how to enable and use Miracast using Command Prompt commands.

I checked with AMD Customer Support, and they replied that the RX 6600XT does not support miracast..

Thanks for the update from AMD Support.

I wonder if that is the same for all 6000 series GPU cards or just for your specific Model.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Make sure you have up to date wifi drivers and chipset drivers, the wifi has to be enabled.
Seen some topics in redit about this too and there are some people there with the 6600 and able to miracast just fine.

Miracasting is not new, even the integrated gpu from a i5 6200U or a AMD A6 cpu can do it. The old faithful RX480, my colleague 6600, my brothers 6750xt and my 6800 do it just fine. 

Beware, miracasting is very finicky. At our site, when it fails to cast its a complete mess. Reboot, Power Cycle the TV or the dongle if you are using one from Microsoft. 

You can troubleshoot the TV if you have a compatible Android phone.

Pretty handy to keep doing other stuff and listening some music from the Youtube.

johnnyenglish_0-1678404398156.png

johnnyenglish_1-1678404434408.png

The Englishman