cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

El2016
Adept I

Still got a starfield code after returning gpu?

Hi,

Eariler this month i bought a 6800 gpu that came with starfield. I filled out the code on the receipt that night incase i lost the receipt or forgot. I had issues with the card in the coming days (static screens/audio, constant hitching in games) and had to return it.

Today, i still received an email to connect my steam account for starfield. I have tried reaching out to amd and they just said that I redeemed the code on receipt and have access to it. I tried calling the place i bought it from, they said it was up to AMD. 

I'm not sure what to do as i do not want access to a game i shouldn't have access to where i had to return the defective product for something else.

2 Replies
TechChime
Adept I

At this point it is yours. AMD has the right to reclaim said key and might even do such a thing down the road. Play it, enjoy it but remember one day the key might be removed via a prune job... Then you just buy it again at that time.

Thanks for the response. I don't know if i will. It seems wrong and i never had any idea the redeem code on the receipt was to actually fully activate the code as the woman at the counter said you get emailed the code after 2 weeks (past the accepted return date) 

I never done these game bundles before, so i just figured the return would had triggered some cancellation of the voucher. It just bothers me more then anything and AMD didn't really seem to care when I emailed them about it.