cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

blazeioo
Adept II

Sharp edges in GTA V

Is it possible to reduce sharp edges in gta 5? I have all settings on ultra, mssa on x2 but the game still looks bad. I've also tried mssa x4 it's better but it's still eye catching and annoying in the game.

Anyone have an idea for this?

6 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

I assume mssa x2 your referring to anti aliasing.  

1. open Adrenaline app and select Settings
  2. Select Graphics
  3. Enable Image Sharpening and I use 80% but that would be a preference thing.
  4. Go to the Antialiasing and select Override Application Settings
  5. In Antialiasing Level I set to 4EQ
  6. Make sure that the Method is set to Multisampling
  7. Also enable Enhanced Sync

Now check all of these options and make sure you understand what they do, some you may want to enable and some disable.  Test them, one at a time, and see what they do then restart.  

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
blazeioo
Adept II

Can I use MLAA with these settings?

I assume your referring to Morphological Anti-Aliasing and the answer is of course.  I failed to mention that I have it enabled.

Keep  in mind now that I have an ASUS RX 480 GPU and experience no problems.  

It has always been a theory of mine that these game producers - coders are the problems with the graphics.  What works on Nvidia will not work on Radeon.  That's like trying to open a Corel Quattro Pro spreadsheet with EXCEL.  It's like everything will run fine when you attempt to run a FORTRAN program in SAS or PASCAL, although similar yet very different. They simply won't work.  The game producers are only interested in one thing $$$$$$, and lots of it.  Their philosophy is let the market trouble shoot the software and not spend money on research development.  Can the problem be fixed.  Only if a universal code is standardized and software must be thoroughly tested to run on all GPU's.  Only then will you see these glitches and errors disappear.

0 Likes
blazeioo
Adept II

The edges in the game are still sharp, any other ideas?

Drop it to 50 percent

0 Likes

What resolution are you running?  

Have you got Freesync, Super Resolution, GPU scaling and integer scaling enabled.  Set scaling mode to preserve aspect ratio.

0 Likes