Ryzen 7600X audio and video stutters & glitches after first boot

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B650 GAMING-A WI-FI

RAM: 32 GB XPG CASTER DDR5 6000Mhz CL30

GPU: ASROCK STEEL LEGEND RADEON XT 7800

SSD: WD_BLACK 2 TB SN850X

PSU: CORSAIR RM750W

Case: be quiet! PURE BASE 500FX

Issue: I first built this machine on an AsRock B650 LIGHTNING PG motherboard. I first installed Windows 10 Pro. I booted it, installed a few things, played a few games, everything seemed to be working great. I shut it off and went to sleep. 

Next day, it started having some issues on the first boot. The mouse was glitchy, there were sound and image stutters, and Youtube videos would glitch and just replay the same 2s over and over. Then after a reboot, I would log into Windows and the GUI would stop working altogether. My mouse would click things but nothing happened, I couldn't open the Windows menu, Windows button didn't work, and I had to reboot the machine by holding the power button on the case. I clean reinstalled Windows 11 Home from scratch, it seemed to be okay for a while, but then after the machine had been shut down for the night, it would start doing the same thing over and over again, impossible to start anything.

After a few hours of troubleshooting I thought it could be related to the motherboard, so I changed it to the current one I'm using (ASUS ROG STRIX). Now, the UI collapses have completely stopped, but the audio and video stutters are still present. I have tried a clean reinstall of Windows 11 with nothing else installed and it still would do it. I have also tried different settings in the BIOS for the RAM, enabling the different EXPO modes and tweaking different stuff, but no luck. The weird thing is, it only seems to happen if I shut the PC down completely. If I restart it, it works fine, and I can game and watch videos without issues for a good while. Almost like it takes two times for it to fully "wake up".

The troubleshooting steps I did so far:

-Tried with two different motherboards

-Tried two different sets of RAM sticks CORSAIR and XPG (same issues)

-Different EXPO profiles in BIOS, 4800Mhz, 5800Mhz, 6000Mhz

-Clean reinstall of Windows 11, with and without updates

-Reseating RAM and booting with just 1 RAM stick (same issues)

-Issues on BIOS oldest and most recent versions

So far, I'm stuck on either it's a RAM issue or a faulty CPU? It's the first time I have so many problems with a fresh build, I'm not sure if it's just AM5 or if there's something I'm missing...

0 Likes
0 Replies