CPU: I3 10100 4 Core

Motherboard: 06CV2N

BIOS Version: Dell. Inc 2.20.1 5/10/23

RAM: 16GB Silicon Power 3200Mhz

PSU: EVGA 500BQ 500W 80+ BRONZE

Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 11 PRO 10.0.22621 Build 22621

GPU Drivers: 23.5.2

Description of Original Problem: 3 Different Issues:
First, Sometimes The screen will just completely just freeze, I can still hear audio, I don't know if my mouse still moves and stuff, but everything will freeze visually. I would then be forced to Hard shut down the PC. This happens randomly, Happened a few times when I clicked to try to log in, Randomly while on Discord, or while playing a game. It just happens randomly. I also notice that when It happens, an error shows up in Event viewer around the time it crashes saying "display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Second, the HDMI ports on the GPU will not work, I don't know what's up with that, But I do know they work because they worked after some fixing attempts. After reinstalling windows and drivers the HDMI ports started to work but after a while they just went black and I had to go back to the Motherboard ports.

Third, When starting up the PC sometimes the PC will just outright not detect the GPU not in device manager, task manager, or anywhere. Even though it is plugged in and fans are spinning.

Troubleshooting:
Uninstalling Drivers using DDU and installing drivers using the AMD software which gives me 23.5.2 or something. I then tried it again but using the drivers that windows update would give me.
Reinstalling Windows and reseating all parts in the PC
Switching HDMI ports and Monitors
Using HDMI port on motherboard but prioritizing the GPU
Updating Windows and BIOS
Disabling Windows update automatic driver update

MY pc is extremely jank, as its a prebuilt dell which I just plugged in a PSU and GPU using an adapter and a PCIE extender respectively.

The main issue is that my PC will jsut freeze up leaving me with no other choice but to hard shut down it, in which sometimes itll just not show a display when i launch it back up or itll freeze at the Log-In or the other issues might occur.

LMK any questions I can answer any

0 Likes
0 Replies