cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Aracin
Adept I

PCIe 4.0 on X570 board and problems with Creative SoundblasterX AE-5

Hello, I have an MSI X570 A-Pro motherboard with a Ryzen 7 3800XT. Among other things, there is a Creative SoundblasterX AE-5 in the PC that constantly causes problems. As soon as I run the board on PCIe 4.0, the audio channels change constantly, this no longer happens as soon as the board only runs on PCIe 3.0. Apparently the board or the processor (?) Has problems to run downwards compatible? Since I have a PCIe 4.0 graphics card and two M2 in the system, it is a shame if the AMD components cannot handle a sound card = (

0 Likes
6 Replies

Look in your motherboard's BIOS for a setting to set the PCIe 4.0 to PCIe 3.0 lane.

I see that the second PCIex16 is also 4.0. Check to see if BIOS has a setting for this lane also.

If not, if your Creative Sound Blaster is not a PCIex16 card install it on a PCIex1 3.0 slot.

From your Motherboard's Spec:

Screenshot 2021-03-24 172051.png

0 Likes

Thanks for your Answer...

I made two screenshots of the BIOS configuration, here you can also see what I can set. At the moment PCI_E1 and chipset are both on PCIe 3, as soon as I set one of both to PCIe 4 my sound card goes crazy. The sound card is in the first "small" PCIe slot, but even if I put it in the second small slot, the problem remains in PCIe 4 mode. As far as I read on Reddit, it seems to be a problem with the compatibility of AMD X570 on PCIe 1x? MSI_SnapShot.jpgMSI_SnapShot_00.jpg

Hi, something i wonder... U see on the Screenshots above that i set my Board to PCIe 3.0 (Chipset and E1 Lane). Even when i check my configurations on CrystalDiskInfo and HWInfo both Tools said that i use PCIe 4.0?

My Soundcart dont work very well atm, Stereo is "too much stereo" sometimes and when the pc have much to work (maximum usage like a big game or rendering) the sound goes swimming.. Creative said it is something with the Chipset and/or AMD...

My complete PC config:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT (no OC)

MSI X570 A-Pro (newest Bios Version)

4x8GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 RAM PC2400

2x Samsung 980Pro M2

Palit Geforce 3070 Jetstream

Creative SoundblasterX AE-5

BeQuiet Straigt Power 11 750W

The other Hardware isnt important so i dont tell you...

All drivers are new.

pcie-grafik.PNGpcie-ssd.PNG

0 Likes

The SSD goes on a different port than the PCIe.

Truthfully it sounds like an issue with Creative Soundblaster. Does the company have any latest drivers for the Soundblaster PCIe card?

Go to Windows Sound Panel and look under 'Properties' for the Creative Soundblaster. See if by changing some of the settings helps any.

Also since your Nvidia works under PCIe x16 4.0, I would change that first PCIe slot where the GPU is installed from 3.0 to 4.0 BIOS.

You can try the Creative Soundblaster in another computer and see if the same issue occurs. If it does then the problem is with PCIe card if it doesn't then I would open a Support Ticket with the Motherboard's manufacturer and get their opinion.

Thanks for your Reply!

Creative said its a Problem with AMD (Chipset) and/or Mainboard Producer. I got no more help from creative ...

I had the sound card in my old PC (Z270 board with an Intel 7700K) and it worked perfectly there. The sound card also ran without problems in my current system when I installed "older" NVME M2 Gen. 3 and an NvIdia 2070 (PCIe 3.0 graphics card). As soon as components are installed in the system that use PCIe 4.0, the sound card no longer runs correctly. After various Google searches this seems to be a real chipset / AMD problem, which means that the downward compatibility with the SoundblasterX does not work properly ... 

Hello!
Curious...eejje I'm here to deny what Creative says, it's NOT a problem with your motherboard, it's a problem with the FACTORY of soundblaster itself and compatibility with PCIE 4.0, since I've had a SIMILAR problem, sounds weird when I was playing but when I changed the graphics to a 980ti (I had a 970) in minutes it took me out of the games... and finally I made EVERYTHING work perfectly by adding the soundblaster card to the south bridge, which is standard on my motherboard PCIE 3.0 (and that is a long slot but compatible with x4). Overall, Creative has a SERIOUS problem with the compatibility of its cards and the new PCIE 4.0 protocol.
Below I detail my team which is:
gigabyte z590 aorus ultra
i5 11600k
2x16GB 3200mhz Crucial
1 crucial pciexpress 4.0 ssd
2 x samsung 980 evo ssd on pciexpress 3.0
graphics card 980ti
Soundblaster Z
Corsair 750w gold power supply

PD: 

I pass you a link where I detailed all the problem and the solution that I found!! and by "fluke" I was able to fix it, since my southbridge motherboard is PCIE3.0

https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_problemas-con-juegos-y-cierres-inesperados_2456703#p1752792449