cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Journeyman III

Pc randomly turns off while gaming

my pc randomly turns off while gaming where the power is completely removed from my pc and i have to replug the power to my computer to get it on again, happend while gaming rdr2 for example, no heat 70 degrees. i have a random power cable plugged into my pc but that should be fine i think...

6900xt

Gigabyte Aorus P850W 80+ Gold Modular

5 Replies
VitaPlayer
Journeyman III

Same thing happened to me, i have an Asus Laptop, model Rog Flow X16 with a Ryzen 9 6900hs, and this didnt happened to me before, at least not last week, so i need to know since when you are dealing with this problem, so we can know if is a problem from the last drivers patch from amd adrenaline software or if our problems are diferent, ill be waiting for a response, see ya dude

Journeyman III

my drivers are 22.5.1

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Shutdown during a stress event is indicative of a PPC activation.  Since it only has a single 12v rail I would double check all power connectors to make sure they are fully seated and no pins have backed out of their connectors then make sure that the cable insulation has not worn away and grounded to the chassis.

Last time this happened to me it was the PS.

MADZyren
Paragon

Could be power issue just like @hrpuffnstuff said and just in case PSU to GPU cables are thin or have some other issue, make sure you have two separate cables running from PSU to GPU.

When I did more memory overclocking, when the system was almost stable, I sometimes ran into situation where normal boot-up didn't work after crashing and had to unplug machine and often clear cmos too. You might try going to BIOS and dropping memory speed like one or two steps or disable XMP for testing to see if that changes anything.

Never a bad idea to loot at temps when having issues. Or maybe remove side panel from computer for testing if any doubt. Crashing due to high temp should not require unplugging the computer though.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Another thing to keep in mind is that when a PS heats up its output goes down.