cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

rajzy
Journeyman III

PC freezing but audio still plays

So whenever i play a game my computer randomly freezes, i can hear my friends but they can't hear me. I don't know what causes this but I need a solution. Does anyone knows have to fix this?
Things i tried:
Reinstalling drivers with DDU
Trying old drivers
Clean Windows install
BIOS Update
Chipset Update
OCCT test(No errors) 

My system:
RX6600
Ryzen 5 3600
B450 Tomahawk Max
Corsair 650W PSU

1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

We know that gaming is a stressful thing for computers, especially the video card.  It's possible you don't have adequate cooling and heat is causing you problems.  Can you monitor the GPU and CPU core temperatures while idle and then while gaming to see if they are reaching 70 C or higher?

Another possibility is the PSU not being able to supply enough current as the video card tries it's best to deliver the frames to your monitor.  I would think a Corsair 650 W PSU would work with your components.  Are you using two PCIe power connectors to the video card (assuming it has two 8-pin plugs)?  

Are you overclocking any components?  If so, I would return to nominal settings.

I would also look for an updated BIOS for the motherboard.  If you aren't running on the latest version, I would highly recommend you flash the BIOS and then see if that addresses your problems.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes