cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Dsanchez1087
Journeyman III

Overwatch crashing

For about a week ago when the issue started I got in contact with blizzard regarding overwatch crashing. What would happen is that I would have played a game or 2 and the game would just suddenly crash. So first Blizzard recommended for certain razer files to be deleted, once that was done I tried to give overwatch another chance, but the issue was still there. After which I figured to reset windows has a clean wipe of the C: drive, once that was done everything that was necessary was redownloaded and tried it once again but still the game crashed. Contacting blizzard once again and they recommended for the BIOs and chipset drivers to be updated. Once again after all of which was done the issue persisted. They then recommended me to get in contact with AMD since my CPU, gpu and motherboard are from the same brand. What do y'all recommend to be done in order to fix this issue. Below are the specs for the pc.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 - CPU cooler MAG Coreliquid 240 V2

GPU: RX6600 Mexh 8g

Ram: G. skill Trident 16 gb 3600

Storage: M.2 crucial 500 gb , 2TB hard drive

Motherboard: B450 tomahawk

case Phanteks 400a

3 Replies
WonderWhis
Adept I

hello, it seems like we have the same issues. My game keeps crashing mid game. I just built my pc last month with amd gpu and cpus and every game works fine except overwatch. I tried everything you listed to test if it was any of the problems and it still crashes. i even tried limiting my cpu performance, disable oc, tried 3 diffrent amd drivers, fixed every issue in event viewer.   Again, i have no other issues in any other games except over watch, blizzard needs to address this issue. We just have to get the word out.  

Specs: 

Gpu: 7900XTX 

Cpu: ryzen 7950x3d

Ram: G.skill ripjaw 64gb 5600

Motherboard: x670e tomahawk 

storage: m.2 2tb 

I have similar problem except with two other game: GTFO and total war warhammer 3. My pc was also built last month and some game work while other crash for no apparent reason. It can't be a problem of me replacing old part since the whole thing was built with new part assembled together the same day.

The spec:
GPU: Amd RX 7900 xtx
CPU: Ryzen 7950 x 3D
Motherboard: MSI b650 tomahawk with wifi
PSU: 1200W platinum corsair
Aorus waterforce x240 liquid cooler for cpu
32 gb ram corsair
2 TB ssd m.2

0 Likes
Azureskies
Adept II

I've been having random crashes in OW2 as well. It never happens when I spectate a game but when I'm in the game playing for 10-20 minutes it tends to happen. Drivers don't tend to crash just the game so it is unlike my other experiences with wonky AMD driver issues. 

CPU: 5900X
RAM: 32GB TEAMGROUP T-Force Dark Za @3600mhz
MB: Asus X570-P
GPU: AMD Radeon 7900XT XFX Merc310 Black
PSU: RM1000x
Monitor: LG 27GN800-B Ultragear (2560x1440 144hz), Second Monitor: ViewSonic (1920x1080 75hz) set to 60hz

0 Likes