cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Espio419
Adept I

Ordered a RX 7900 XT directly from AMD, opened the box and only found 2 random hard drives.

Any ideas on how best to get my actual GPU or refund?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We'll follow up with you offline via your service request. @Espio419.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Was the AMD Retail box look like it had be tampered with when you received it from the delivery company?

Did you take photos of the hardware inside the box?

Who delivered your package to your home? Which shipping company?

Obviously someone opened your RX7900XT Retail box and replaced the contents with 2 HDDs either before it was shipped or during the time the GPU was in transit to your house.

If the outside of the AMD package was showing that it was shipping a GPU to you then most likely while in transit someone needed an expensive GPU and opened your package and replaced it with 2 HDDs.

Maybe you can find out who the person was by looking at the HDDs Serial Numbers and contacted the Manufacturer's Support and see if they will give you the owner of those HDDs or at least give it to AMD Support.

I would call the local Police and have them give you a Police Report of the incident to show AMD that you aren't trying to pull a fast one on them.

Once I had ordered a HDD from Newegg and the Post office left the package outside my Condo door on the 3rd floor without letting me know. When I opened the door I saw that someone had opened my package from Newegg and removed my HDD.

I called the Police and had a Police Report made and uploaded that to Newegg. They then went and refunded my money for the stolen HDD. I mentioned if the box hadn't advertised on the outside that it was from Newegg there would have been a lesser chance of someone stealing the hardware.

Now, legally, Newegg didn't have to refund my money since the package was delivered correctly.

I also would complain to the delivery company of the theft after making a Police Report.

AMD Store doesn't have a direct contact but maybe if you open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty and let them know someone substituted your GPU card with 2 HDDs purchased from AMD STORE: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

The box doesn't mention anything about what was inside the package. I don't think it was switched out during transit. It was probably before being shipped. There's no obvious signs of tampering and I signed for it when it arrived from Fedex. Also, there's no retail box inside the package. It was just the HDDs inside separate zip-lock bags with some packing paper filling the inside of the box.

0 Likes

Does sound like someone, possibly at AMD Warehouse where the GPUs are shipped from or when the package arrived  at FedEx, where someone switched the GPU for the HDDs and then sealed it and shipped it out.

I would take photos of everything from the outside of the box (Including any shipping labels)  to the way it was when you opened it and upload it to AMD Support -Warranty.

I also would open a FedEx complaint because someone at FedEx could have switched the box and sealed it up again before being shipped to your home.

Do you believe that maybe FedEx shipped you the wrong package?

Did the box have your name and address correctly printed on it from AMD?

The box didn't mention that it was from AMD?

Since you don't have a GPU you can't input any data in the Warranty form.

Take close up photos of the HDD's with the Serial Number and Model number on it. Maybe AMD Security can trace to see who the owner is.

In that case open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty ticket from the link I posted in my previous reply and let AMD know what happened.

Hopefully after they investigate the matter they will either ship you out a new GPU or give you a Refund.

NOTE: Ask AMD if you should get a Police Report since it was theft.

0 Likes

I submitted an online ticket, so hopefully I get an answer soon.

My name and address are printed correctly on the label.

There's no mention of AMD, but it does mention it shipped from Digital River Customer Service, which is the name mentioned on my card when I payed.

Thank's for helping out, btw.

Looks like AMD will need to open a ticket with Digital River Customer Service to find out how your package got switched.

Finally found a way for the customer to contact Digital River Customer Service: https://www.findmyorder.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayEmailCustomerServicePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale...

Screenshot 2023-01-07 131631.png

NOTE: Not sure but most likely AMD is the one that needs to open a ticket about getting you a refund after they investigate.

Excellent advice.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please could you share your order number with me and I'll look into this for you. 

Thank you.

Thanks, please allow me some time and I'll get back to you. 

MrLeftCoast
Adept II

Wow, that's a doozy of a situation. Hope you get your money back.

That makes two of us.

Hate to see things like this happen.

Purchased a Corsair mouse from a west coast seller.  When it arrived the first thing I noticed was a blacked serial number.  I notified Corsair of the issue and immediately filed for an RMA from Amazon, which was granted immediately.

The sad part with @Espio419  is that he didn't receive what he ordered.

I wish him all the luck in a satisfactory resolution.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We'll follow up with you offline via your service request. @Espio419.