Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

LUCAZDS
Journeyman III

Notebook Laptop HP 15-eh2001sl USB issues

Hello everybody.

I'm having a very weird issue with my brand new notebook HP 15-eh2001sl (Ryzen 5825U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD).

I noticed there is no way to connect my Android Smartphone (POCO F3) with OEM USB cable that came with it in the box. As soon as i plug in the device with that cable, the only thing that happens is that the phone charges and there is no way to select USB options.

Another test: as soon as I try to turn on USB tethering, I can see "USB cable disconnected" and the USB tethering is of course grayed out, so i can't turn it on.

The only way I was able to connect the phone and check its data is with an old USB cable; of course that crushes performance.

Tried to update chipset drivers, BIOS and everything else. Nothing changed.

Windows 10 x64 PRO.

I'm open to any test.

Thanks in advance.

Luca

0 Likes
6 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Were you able to connect it with that cable on a previous laptop / desktop?  The only thing that pops in my head is that USB Debugging may not be enabled on your phone.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Nono mate, it's not about USB debugging. I can't even choose file transfer (MTP) modes. It is exactly like if i plugged the phone to the charger. No difference! That's weird!

Of course in another Intel PC works. Looks like this AMD is the issue! I've heard Ryzen mobos had USB issues but i thought things had been fixed!

The cable works like a charm, except on my new notebook!

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

OK LUCAZDs.  Here is what I just tried.  I have an MSI BRAVO 15 laptop that is maybe 1 year old.  It has 2 Type C USB 3.2 and 2 Type A USB I think 3.1.  This is the first time I have attempted to connect my phone to this machine and I got the same results you ran into.  It would see the phone but that's it.  It was just empty.  I get other folders etc. when I use my desktop and am able to transfer files via Windows. 

Although I use Coolmuster Android Assistant to manage all off my phones and rarely use the Windows method.  I installed the application on the laptop and now it sees the phone with the folder options.  So I'm guessing that the application has enabled something in Windows to allow it to see everything on the phone.  I don't know what that might be but I would suggest that you look into your settings.  The USB Debugging I'm certain will need to be enabled on the phone.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Did you try Linking your phone to Windows?  It appears that is what my Coolmuster Assistant is doing.

LUCAZDS
Journeyman III

It's crazy! As i said, it looks like new USB cables (even OEM ones) that provide fast charge capability don't want to work at all with my brand new PC!

NEVER AGAIN AMD.

0 Likes
hello123
Journeyman III

The Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max is the latest and greatest flagship smartphone from Apple. It features a stunning 6.7-inch Super Retina XDR display, a powerful A17 Bionic chip, and a versatile triple-lens camera system.

0 Likes