Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Gstel
Journeyman III

No display when restarting pc

Hello,

I have a problem whenever i restart my pc, my monitor doesn't find any signal. Everything seems to restart properly, also powering off and then on works fine as well. I have the 7700xt and ryzen 7800d3x. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
JohnPeter0001
Journeyman III

It sounds like you're experiencing a no-signal issue with your monitor specifically after restarting your PC, even though everything else seems to be functioning properly. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Cable Connections: Ensure that the cable connecting your monitor to your PC is securely plugged in on both ends. Sometimes loose connections can lead to a lack of signal.

2. Monitor Input Source: Verify that the monitor input source is set correctly. Many monitors have multiple input sources (like HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA). Make sure the monitor is set to the correct input source corresponding to your PC connection.

3. Update Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card (7700XT) and other relevant hardware components. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause display issues.

4. BIOS/UEFI Settings: Check your BIOS/UEFI settings to ensure that the primary display output is set correctly. Sometimes, changes in BIOS settings can affect the display output.

5. Power Settings: Review your PC's power settings, particularly related to sleep or power-saving modes. Adjust these settings to prevent conflicts that might cause the monitor not to receive a signal after a restart.

6. Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that the hardware components, such as the graphics card (7700XT) and processor (Ryzen 7800D3X), are compatible and properly seated in their respective slots on the motherboard.

7. Test with Different Monitor or Cable: If possible, try using a different monitor or a different cable to rule out any issues specific to the current monitor or cable.

8. Reset CMOS: Resetting the CMOS by removing the motherboard's CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it might reset any settings that could be causing the issue.

9. Check for System Updates: Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues.

10. Hardware Diagnostics: Consider running hardware diagnostics or stress tests to check if any components are malfunctioning. This can help identify if there's a specific hardware issue causing the signal loss after restarts.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it might be beneficial to reach out to technical support for your specific hardware components or seek assistance from a professional technician who can perform a more in-depth diagnosis of the problem.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
SaltyRhino95857
Journeyman III

First make sure you plugged the display cable to the Graphics card instead of the Motherboard, because most UEFIs have PCIe Graphics set as primary by default.

Then, Check the connections of:

• The Graphics Card to the Motherboard
  • The Graphics Card to the Power Supply
  • The Display Cable

Also try on another port in the monitor, or another monitor.

If all of this did not bring back the signal, you might have a faulty Graphics Card/Monitor/Motherboard.

Adept II

When you say, ''It seems to restart properly'', how do you know? Does it work after a while? Have you tried plugging in a different screen or so? Or will the screen work when you cycle through the output sources on your monitor?

What motherboard do you use? Sometimes a motherboard shows an LED number/code indicating what is going on. Perhaps, it may show a startup error code, meaning it won't be GPU related, but the problem could be something else.

0 Likes
Gstel
Journeyman III

I mean it seems to restart because i see everythin shutting downing and powering up again, talking about fans rbg and usb connected devices. I'm using asus prime b650 plus, it doesn't seem to have any led indicator.The screen restarts properly when connected to the gpu's graphics.

0 Likes

Try plugging your HDMI or Display Port cable into your motherboard. If the system works, you should get a screen instantly. Then you know it's related to your GPU. If you still don't get anything it means that your system doesn't boot properly, from which we need to figure the next steps.

0 Likes
Gstel
Journeyman III

I've already tried connecting it to the mb and it works... should i try connecting another monitor to the gpu or that indicates its gpu related?

0 Likes

When you connect it to the MB, try to see in Device Manager under Display adapters if your GPU is listed. And check if there are any updates for your GPU and system.

Did you by any chance perform a certain action before the problem occurred? Like overclocking your GPU, or a certain update on the system and/or hardware? Bios change?

0 Likes
Gstel
Journeyman III

no nothing the problem was there all along

0 Likes

Looks like you've found a solution. What was it in the end?

0 Likes
Gstel
Journeyman III

talked to the seller and suggested me to send it back for testing, so i guess there is sth wrong with the gpu

0 Likes

Hopefully, they will get it fixed. Best of luck!

0 Likes
JohnPeter0001
Journeyman III

It sounds like you're experiencing a no-signal issue with your monitor specifically after restarting your PC, even though everything else seems to be functioning properly. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check Cable Connections: Ensure that the cable connecting your monitor to your PC is securely plugged in on both ends. Sometimes loose connections can lead to a lack of signal.

2. Monitor Input Source: Verify that the monitor input source is set correctly. Many monitors have multiple input sources (like HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA). Make sure the monitor is set to the correct input source corresponding to your PC connection.

3. Update Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card (7700XT) and other relevant hardware components. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause display issues.

4. BIOS/UEFI Settings: Check your BIOS/UEFI settings to ensure that the primary display output is set correctly. Sometimes, changes in BIOS settings can affect the display output.

5. Power Settings: Review your PC's power settings, particularly related to sleep or power-saving modes. Adjust these settings to prevent conflicts that might cause the monitor not to receive a signal after a restart.

6. Hardware Compatibility: Ensure that the hardware components, such as the graphics card (7700XT) and processor (Ryzen 7800D3X), are compatible and properly seated in their respective slots on the motherboard.

7. Test with Different Monitor or Cable: If possible, try using a different monitor or a different cable to rule out any issues specific to the current monitor or cable.

8. Reset CMOS: Resetting the CMOS by removing the motherboard's CMOS battery for a few minutes and then reinserting it might reset any settings that could be causing the issue.

9. Check for System Updates: Ensure that your operating system is up-to-date with the latest patches and updates. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues.

10. Hardware Diagnostics: Consider running hardware diagnostics or stress tests to check if any components are malfunctioning. This can help identify if there's a specific hardware issue causing the signal loss after restarts.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, it might be beneficial to reach out to technical support for your specific hardware components or seek assistance from a professional technician who can perform a more in-depth diagnosis of the problem.