cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

TommyKittle
Adept I

My Pc keeps freezing while using Adobe lightroom classic

i made this post to see if anyone can help me or to know if this is a knew issue in the community, so i started using my PC to start editing pictures that i started taking as a hobby, when i open up light room it lags for a sec but when i import a photo in the light room it literally freeze with in two minutes, i can't do anything like open up task mangers, the mouse don't move, and CTRL ALT DEL doesn't work either, what i have notice is that in task manger i see that all 12 cores are around 85-100% utilization and the other 12 hyper trend cores aren't ever used or on (its completely flat line) hopefully someone knows something or if possible AMD can see this post and investigate the problem

MY Specs

Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X670E

Cpu: Ryzen 7900x

Ram: Trident z 6000Mhz 16GB x 2

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA GT 850

Cooling is a AIO and temps hover around 80c when using light room

10 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

What year is your Adobe software?  I'm guessing it is a ray tracing issue where the software is incompatible with it.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

i think the latest one V12.1.0, i just recently downloaded it and im just editing film pictures so i dont think it can be ray tracing issue but im down to try if u know how to disable it

0 Likes

So 12 cores are lit up, 12 aren't you say.. is it 1,0,1,0,1.... or 1,1,1,..,0,0,0 (1=loaded 0=not)

Are you using ryzen master?!? Of any tools for locking to certain cores for games? Turn those off if so, also check the core-binding in Windows task manager if the process is able to access all cores)

MADZyren
Paragon

No personal experience as I avoid Adobe software as much as possible, everywhere, but from what I have heard in for instance Linus Tech Tips (or in some of their sub channels), I think they mentioned in somewhere about issues with Adobe software and if I recall right, that is... just the way it is,

If you use GPU/hardware acceleration, you might try disabling it to see if it makes any difference.

I tried a free test period of some Adobe software, but ended up getting rid of it, but it had already caused something as I started having issues with my computer when I installed it, but issues didn't go away after unintalling. Can't remember anymore, but I think I had to go through registry and remove any adobe words from system, or what the only time for a LOOONG time I actually had to reinstall Windows. Can't remember anymore.

No problem bro thanks for your insight, i might just try another photo editing software if it comes to that

0 Likes
caebo
Journeyman III

I have a solution: switch to Intel. 

I have an old AMD PC ( Ryzen 7 2700x + RX590 + 32GB RAM + 4TB M.2 SSD) that always struggled with Adobe software. Drivers and software were always fully updated. Lightroom was always lagging and it took like 4 seconds to change from picture to picture and also lagged like a minute when importing pictures. I could handle software like Maya, 3ds Max and Blender with no issues whatsoever, but Adobe software was a pain.

I now have an Intel and Nvidia PC (I9 19300K + RTX 4090 + 128GB RAM + 8TB M.2 SSD) and Adobe software is insanely fast, my old computer looks like a joke. Lightroom takes no tame to do anything. I feel like a joke for having jumped on the AMD hype train years ago.

Sure the new PC has a better processor and a thicc graphics card, but the old one was more than good enough to handle lightroom.

Conclusion: Adobe hates AMD

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I don't use Lightroom at home, only Photoshop (photo edit) and Davinci (video edit).

The best advice I can give is: Use WHQL drivers, for some reason I have all sorts of problems when using non WHQL drivers.

At work we either use PRO version drivers and no issues at all using W5500 and W6600 with Lightroom and other Adobe packages.

The Englishman
Vynski
Exemplar

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 installed but never used.  I prefer Serif Photo Plus X4, (pretty old).  I'm only guessing that Photoshop Lightroom is similar to AutoCAD's Lighting where you can adjust everything concerning shadows and time of day.  I know with AutoCAD you need a lot of RAM, a good CPU, and a GPU designed for that kind of work.  That's where the W7900 or W7800 card comes into play.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
qalybagaqe
Journeyman III

It sounds like you're experiencing some serious performance issues with Adobe Lightroom Classic, which can be frustrating. Fortunately, there are alternatives available, one of which is the Picsart app. Picsart is a popular photo editing app that is available on both mobile and desktop platforms, and it offers a wide range of features that make it a great choice for editing your photos. Some of these features include advanced filters, creative tools, and a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to get started. Plus, because it's not as resource-intensive as Lightroom, you may find that it runs smoother on your system. So, if you're looking for an alternative to Lightroom, give Picsart a try and see if it works better for you.

0 Likes
qalybagaqe
Journeyman III

After this comment everyone is asking where to download the Picsart. Simply got to this link and get the latest version.

0 Likes