cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

belsen1
Journeyman III

My computer has a freeze or lag since I installed the 10/21/2021 update

My computer has a AMD 3600 processor and a ATI  Radeon Gx 580 graphics card.   On Oct 21st I received a notification the there was an update  dated 10/21/2021.   Installed the update and since then every program that I have used has a 1 to 2 second delay, lag, freeze or what ever it can be called.  When typing, I have to deal with the lag.   When using Google Earth, the pan function has a delay.   When using Autocad, there is a lag.   When looking at emails, there is a lag.   Does anyone have any ideas.

0 Likes
11 Replies
skystopper
Adept I

I'm using Ryzen 3600 as well (with GTX1660S). I've experienced random system freeze after installing Windows 11 (had to force shutdown when that happens), all drivers are up-to-date (including the latest ver282 Windows update and the 10/21 AMD driver update). I'm not sure what's the issue, but I've reverted back to Windows 10 for the meantime.

0 Likes
Qanatoz
Challenger

Take a look at this. https://community.amd.com/t5/discussions/amd-platform-security-processor-leads-to-lag/m-p/493650#M17...

If your problem is similar check fTPM and disable it.

The freezing issue is related to having Windows 11 itself. Even with the latest Win 11 ver 282 and AMD chipset driver update, the random system freezing still occurs. I don't think my issue is related to fTPM, as there aren't any stuttering but rather a sudden system freeze.

You can roll back or reinstall Windows 10 to check if it freeze.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

0 Likes

I've actually tried installing Windows 11 a couple times, but I'm back on Windows 10 for the meantime. I've updated all the drivers, including BIOS to the latest version but the occasional freezing problem still occurs on Windows 11. The freezing problem goes away once I'm back on Windows 10. I'm guessing there's still compatibility issues needed to be iron out and probably best to wait a couple of months for further Windows 11 updates to roll out.

P.S. Ryzen 3600, Asus Turf gaming B550m-plus wifi, GTX 1660 Super

0 Likes

Mean a while problem became more public and without real fix.

https://hothardware.com/news/bugs-in-ryzen-ftpm-reportedly-tanking-windows-11-performance 

0 Likes

That's part of what it does, the entire system experiences a huge latency spike and freezes up 

0 Likes

@adeelfayyaz That's look like GPU malfunction.

0 Likes
rdenmon
Challenger

Just go back to a previous version. A bit of a hassle but happens with many diff updates for computer programs.

0 Likes
bobelsen
Journeyman III

I wrote the original post.   So I finally resorted to reverting back to the previous version of the graphics update and from then on I haven't had a problem.   I mistakenly updated another computer that had a similar graphics card, and it started to do the same thing, so once againg, I reverted back to the previous version.   The problem was fixed again.  So contrary to what AMD says, it is a problem with their update.    Needless to say, I am reluctant to install any updates from AMD.   I wrote support about this but haven't any response back from them.

@bobelsen Please mark solution (if you can ofc) from your account from which you posted this thread

0 Likes