cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

LiamJTG
Journeyman III

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK BIOS black screen

I have tried to enter the BIOS on my computer using a DVI with the graphics card and a HDMI with both the graphics card and the motherboard, but I am always greeted to a black screen. I have looked through the user Manuel, but saw nothing regarding the issue. From what I can tell, the BIOS menu opens, but I cannot get any visuals. Has anyone ran into similar issues and/or a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
4 Replies
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

Try reset CMOS?
Probably your mobo defaulted to own display output for some reason. And you likely don't have processor with iGPU, so output is just blank.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for the tip! It seems like I'll need a jumper cap to do that, which I currently don't have. I'll see if that works though.

0 Likes

No need for cap. Just use tip of knife, or other metallic object.
You can also remove power cord from PC, try to start it few times (to discharge capacitors), then remove CMOS battery, wait for few minutes and put battery back in.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

If you have a FreeSync monitor, try disabling it then reboot and see if you can enter the BIOS and have a display. I had this exact same problem with an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus board and a Samsung C27R500 monitor and just happened to stumble onto my solution.

Try it, it should be an easy task.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes