cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

supratip
Adept I

How to install the latest driver for my AMD A8-6600K

Hello, I have Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-DS2 motherboard, AMD A8-6600K processor and AMD Radeon HD 8570D as integrated graphics. I installed the graphics driver that came with the motherboard CD that means I have installed the basic version of the driver. I want to install the latest graphics driver. Whenever I install the AMD Driver Auto Detect Tool or search and download and install the latest version it says it is not supported. How do I install the latest graphics driver?

10 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

The newest drivers for that gpu is for 2015 (ver. 15.7.1 WHQL) and 2016 (ver. 16.2.1 Beta).

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-desktops/a8-6600k-rad... 

0 Likes
supratip
Adept I

Can I install both at the same time?  Would it increase gpu performance?

0 Likes

no only one at at time.

I would suggest you try the 16.2.1 version and if you have any issues to downgrade to the 15.7.1 version.

0 Likes

I just installed the 16.2.1 version right now. And when I checked for updates it says new update available for graphics drivers both whql and beta like you searched. Should I update it with the beta version?

The new update both are of the same version just one is WHQL and another beta.

0 Likes

Those are the last drivers listed by AMD for that graphics.

You can try installing the newer suggested ones, if it doesn't work your can always roll the drivers back.

0 Likes

How did you find out the available drivers? I need to check sometimes for any updates.

0 Likes

AMD will never have newer drivers. If you are running Windows 10 you should let Windows install the drivers for you. The updates Microsoft make to the repository drivers as needed to run with changes to Windows will be the only new updates you will get. I would not recommend loading the last drivers on the AMD site in current Windows 10. 

0 Likes

You install only one driver.

0 Likes

15.7.1 is the best choice for you machine, might be time to consider a new rig with windows 10

0 Likes