cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Wags
Adept I

How to attach a .txt file to post?

Hello, I cannot seem to to figure out how to attach a .txt file (log file) to a post I created in Drivers & Software. I've expanded the formatting options, but I'm still lost. I would very much appreciate any help, as I need to post my log file, installation file, and system specs that are all .txt files If I get it working, I will zip up all 3 if that makes it easier.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you want to upload a large file with more than one page you need to use a website (Free or paid) where you can upload and download files or folder and then provide a Link to the file or Folder on your reply.

If the txt is small enough you can take a picture of it and upload directly into your reply like Kingfish mentioned.

In the old AMD Format you can attach files and folders directly to a reply but in the new AMD Format that feature has been removed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Sreenshots are best

If you want to upload a large file with more than one page you need to use a website (Free or paid) where you can upload and download files or folder and then provide a Link to the file or Folder on your reply.

If the txt is small enough you can take a picture of it and upload directly into your reply like Kingfish mentioned.

In the old AMD Format you can attach files and folders directly to a reply but in the new AMD Format that feature has been removed.

Thank you SO MUCH for the info! I've searched high and low trying to figure this out lol. I had seen some archived posts on this forum that shows exactly what you are talking about, being able to directly link a file, and I'm like why can't I see this! I thought maybe my account had to be so many days old or something. Thanks again