Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tad1
Journeyman III

hotkeys and function

goodnight

I would like to know when they will allow us to place one key instead of 2 or 3 as it is currently.. especially if you are going to record games or the desktop.. if it were possible to press a single key and start recording.. without I doubt it would make our lives a lot easier and I mean recording through amd adrenalin edition

When will the "factory reset" function return when installing a new driver? Because currently, as far as I know... this function is not available to be used and it is essential when you don't want to install a driver "on top" of the other so that bugs may occur in the future.

0 Likes
5 Replies

The 'factory reset' option has been added back in (from 24.1.1?).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I saw that the version of my driver is exactly this but now what remains is to wait for a new update to see if the option becomes available and I say this because sometimes "strange" crashes occur on the PC and I suspect the driver

0 Likes
bluesadam
Elite

The requirement to add a modifier key is there to protect end-users from themselves, so they do not set it to a single key press that might be used by another application or OS itself. So I do not think that will change any time soon, nor it should.

Factory reset is already enabled since 24.1.1.

0 Likes

I honestly didn't understand your answer very well but.. if the justification is.. so that there isn't some kind of "conflict" in the system.. then how do you explain other recording programs that generally provide a key to start recording and I myself I've already used a few and as far as I remember... they haven't had any problems.

0 Likes
Burnett1128
Journeyman III

I apologize for any confusion caused by my previous response. To clarify, the reason for not having a hotkey option for recording in our program is to prevent conflicts with other programs that may be using the same key combination. While other recording programs may offer a hotkey option, it is possible that they have implemented it in a way that does not interfere with other programs. However, we have chosen to take a cautious approach to avoid any potential conflicts.

0 Likes