cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

necas69
Adept I

games crash multiple times

I made my computer about a week ago and since then I've been trying to play warzone 2.0 and star wars jedi survivor. However the games end up crashing several times. I still play league of legends in which it never crashed or had any kind of problem.
Errors that appeared:

jedi:
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x0000000000000000

Warzone:

error code: 0xC0000005
executable:game_ship.exe

I already researched a lot about the errors, where I ended up formatting the computer, updating all the drivers, doing a hardware test, deactivating the overlay, resetting the graphics card's 3d settings, trying to run in administrator. And nothing works.
There are days that the game crashes, then I open it again and it works normally without crashes, but other days it is impossible to play for more than 5 minutes.
If someone could help me I would be very grateful.

Computer specs:
processor: ryzen 5 7600x
graphics card: Asus 3060 ti
Rams: DDR5 kingston fury 6000mhz
850w source

Thank you all <3.

6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Check to see if there are updates to your games.  Sometimes game software is in need of updates to address changes to Windows or video card drivers.

Look into monitoring your CPU and GPU junction temperatures.  If they are past 75C, then excessive heat might be causing your issues.  Look for additional cooling options if that is the case.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
necas69
Adept I

I already checked for updates and nothing. As for the temperature, the maximum I saw was even at 75C in both the cpu and the gpu.
It didn't work, but thanks :).

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Search some more on the Internet for crashes in those two games.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
wallmoura
Adept II

I'm also getting these types of crashes mostly on Unreal Engine games and "modern AAA titles". Deep Rock Galactic started to randomly crash, a game that I never had a crash since day 1. Even League of Legends can randomly just freeze the game not the PC (which I'm forced to end the process and rejoin the match). This all started to happen after February of this year. My setup is a 5600X and 6600XT 16GB - running all latest drivers, chipset and Windows 10 version. I've tried many workarounds, old drives, even old BIOS version. None has worked. My plan is to try a fresh Windows 11 install later this month. If it doesn't fix it, I call it an AMD issue or my GPU is going nuts.

In my case, I already installed Windows 11 and it didn't help at all. The only thing it did was lose fps... hahaha.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Several things can change over the period of a few months.  New video card drivers come out, Windows updates are installed, and ambient temperatures can change (as in winter to summer).  Your hardware is also aging and if your PSU wattage can't support the load of your hardware with sufficient headroom to run your computer reliably, then it's also are area to look at.

0 Likes