cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

TempUser19
Journeyman III

Everything goes to black screen when fullscreened

New here and created profile for this problem. So most my time I've used Nvidia, but when needed new graphics card my bro recommended the Radeon RX 6750 XT.  Ever since installing this I've had so many problems. From disabling acceleration hardware on browsers to quit flickering problems, lower frame rate, and crashes.  But now I got a new problem. Since the latest update (22.6.1) I can't fullscreen anything on my main monitor (Video games, Hulu, YouTube, anything that has video it seems) without the screen going black a few seconds later making it seem like the monitors off. I have to alt + enter to be able to get rid of black screen. I had this problem before with only certain games before the update. But the current one just seems to have made it worse.

3 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Too many things that can cause these problems without knowing version of Windows, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, chipsets, etc.

First thing that comes to mind;  Did you uninstall the Nvidia drivers "COMPLETELY", I mean get rid of all the nasty associated apps that are installed with the drivers you will find in the "registry".  These are the reason I use BC Uninstaller.  It searches the registry for all of these leftovers associated with the drivers and gives you the option to delete them. Next; uninstall your Adrenalin drivers in the same manner.  Shut down Windows and let it set for 15 - 20 secs, this is called a "cold system restart".  I prefer these, at times, as opposed to a warm system restart. 

Now check your display ID, make sure that Windows is seeing the correct monitor and not the default.  Make sure you have the latest monitor drivers installed for your display.  Set the resolution to the default, there is a reason for it.

Check your BIOS; is it up to date.  As new hardware comes out on the market the BIOS may need to be updated to accommodate it.  

Are you overclocking the CPU, GPU, RAM.  If so reset all to default.

Make sure Windows has the latest updates.

Try these first, because the list goes on and on.

Vynski

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

Found solution. So apparently the hdmi displayport (with one slanted edge) was in the wrong port.  Noticed cause when restarting my pc, my main monitor no longer displayed anything. I decided to move the displayport from the 1st slot to the third.  That fixed the fullscreen blackscreen problem

0 Likes

Did you change ports on PC or Monitor?

0 Likes