cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

DD22
Journeyman III

Error: This application requires a Uart IP in the hardware. No UART available for Zynq Ultascale+

Hello,

I am new to FPGA's. I am trying to create a hello_world project. However I am getting the error seen in the title. I have the same issue as in the post found at this link https://support.xilinx.com/s/question/0D54U00005rbWs9SAE/uart-not-present-in-bsp-although-it-is-acti... (may need translation).

I have done what the author here suggested, which is to both change the processor I am using from psu_coresight_0 to cortrexr5_0. However I have the same issue. I have also gone to the PS Configuration wizard of the Zynq IP block,  Switched to Advance Mode, selected "Isolation Configuration" and ensured that "Enable Isolation" is unchecked.

However I continue to have the same issue, that being, when checking the "standalone" section in the "Board Support Package Settings", only the options "psu_coresight_0" and "none" can be selected for "stdin" and "stdout".

I am using Vivado 2023.1, Vitis 2023.1

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DD22
Journeyman III

I stupidly did note re-export the hardware file! Which is why the Uarts did not appear!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

As the other post suggests, this could be due to the one of the many reasons. Are you wanting to use the A53 Cores or an R5 Core to interact with UART? would recommend starting off with the A53 cores. Also would be good to check which UART pins the board you have are connected to UART0? UART1? Is this an dev kit or Custom Board?

If you are using the BSP provided by the vendor you got the board from, should work.

0 Likes
DD22
Journeyman III

I stupidly did note re-export the hardware file! Which is why the Uarts did not appear!