Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

menslo
Adept II

direct-buy Error 403

Hello,

I recently tried to take part at the amd graphiccard drop via amd.com/en/direct-buy

But I cannot load the page, there is always Error403.

I tried it some weeks before - but I did not get it right. I thought, I would need to be exactly in time, so I spammed F5 to refresh. Maybe the server thinks I am a bot and perma banned me?

How can I fix the issue, so that I can take part at the drops again? Thanks for help.

25 Replies

This Tech site gives some things you can try to fix that error 403. But really it is up to AMD if all else fails: https://www.howtogeek.com/357785/what-is-a-403-forbidden-error-and-how-can-i-fix-it/

Do you have an active VPN running?

I sometimes get that error with my VPN active. Once I disconnect my VPN I now have access to the website.

The above link shows you if you have permission to enter that website and other tips.

Not sure who you can contact since AMD Store has no direct link nor does AMD Support is applicable in this case.

0 Likes

Thank you, but I already tried everything

It does not work with or without VPN, I deleted cookies and cache, I restarted router,I  completely changed my router - nothing works, I always have Error 403 already for weeks now

0 Likes

Okay I just deleted my reply because I clicked on AMD Direct and received the same ERROR 403: https://inline.amd.com/?c=amd&e=us65648dpa&ver=v3-javascript-3.7.10&cver=62&man=Queue%20US&enqueueto...

Screenshot 2022-03-13 220146.png

Okay I just disconnected my SurfShark VPN and now I have access to the website: https://www.amd.com/en/direct-buy/us

Screenshot 2022-03-24 131743.png

IF you are using a VPN, try temporarily uninstalling the software since possibly the VPN service is still running thus still blocking the website.

NOTE: Also check to make sure your Firewall is not blocking the website. You can temporarily disable the Firewall and see if you get a connection.

0 Likes

Nothing works.

I uninstalled VPN Software, deactivated Firewall (I use Windows Firewall), also deactivated Antivir - still Error403.

I have this error with every PC in the network, also the mobile phones connected in wifi. When I use mobile network with my mobile phone, it works.

0 Likes

From your last reply than it seems to be a ISP issue.

Because if you were able to connect using your Mobile phone Network which isn't connected to your ISP and got through does seem to indicate a problem with your ISP connection.

If it would have been a AMD Regional Server issue I believe you would have gotten the same error.

I would call your ISP and see if they are having Server issues on their end.  Just guessing at the moment.

Since you changed your Router the only thing left is the ISP connection.

It isn't your computer. I would put your computer back to the way it was before you started troubleshooting especially your VPN, Firewall and Anti-Virus.

0 Likes

Thank you for your support. I already called them several times today, unfortunately they tell me, there are no problems.

Edit: My mobile Phone Network is from same ISP

0 Likes

Then I am out of ideas.

You mentioned this has been going on for several weeks.

I would go to a friend/Family house, outside your family network, and see if they can connect. If they can then that only leaves your Computer network is the problem.

Or take your PC to another house and see if it connects with AMD website. If the other house PC can connect but not your PC than tells you your PC is the issue.

Otherwise I have no other suggestions. Good luck.

If you do happen to find out the reason you weren't able to connect please post it in case other Users have the same issues.

Thanks - well I can connect from my workplace.. but unfortunately I am not going to work in drop day.

+ Like I edited in my Post before, my mobile network is from same ISP.... But thank you for your support anyway, really appreciate it

0 Likes

I don't believe you mentioned that your ISP is the same Mobile provider for your Cellphone plan. But if it is then the problem is with your computer network.

My cellphone using a different Mobile Network than my home PC does.

0 Likes

No, I did not mention it, I edited it at the same moment you already replied But nvmd

Could it be a DNS issue?  Maybe check something like dnsleaktest dot com to see what it thinks your DNS location is.

0 Likes

Hm the test shows the correct location.

0 Likes

The only other thing I can think of is an IP Blacklist check (hopefully, AMD will let me post a link):

https://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check

Ok, **bleep** - it seems my current IP is listed on 5 blacklists.

But shouldn't my IP change after 24 hours when my router restarts? I have that error403 for several weeks now.

I'm not sure about the lifetime of your IP address.  Unless you paid for a static one, it CAN change.  But, that doesn't necessarily mean it WILL change.  I believe you can reset it by physically unplugging your cable modem for several minutes and then plugging it back in.  I'll see if I can find anything more specific.  Assuming your cable company will deny you any help, you might also look at their web site to see if you can reset the cable modem there (Cox allows this).  Maybe that will force an IP address change.

EDIT:  The length of time you need to keep your cable modem unplugged before it gets a new address is probably dependent on the lease time your ISP uses.  Most of what I find says about 5 minutes should do it (though they say it might take a couple of tries).  They then say to try unplugging your cable modem and leaving it off overnight.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for your support. I already changed my router and changed my IP several times (I guess), my ISP also restarted my connection. But I will cut my router off for the night now, and will have look tomorrow again.

0 Likes

Ok, I turned my router off for several hours now, and the new IP is also listed on 5 lists and I still get the error403..

So I guess, the IPs of my ISP are blacklisted on several lists..?

0 Likes

I'm experiencing the same issue as you, though my IP does not appear on the IP blacklist checks. Wondering if AMD's anti-bot software is blocking us.

0 Likes

I contacted the AMD Support and they told me, the problem is my ISP. I contacted my ISP, they told me the problem is AMD.

0 Likes

Classic Round around!

This might be a pain in the neck advise but to eliminate your house network and Router I would just take your Computer case and monitor to a friend's or family house with a internet connection and connect from there and see if you can now connect with AMD.

If you can access AMD website than the issue is with your home's Network or Router.

If you can't connect with your PC BUT the other PC in the friend's or family house can that means the problem is with your computer itself.

Or have someone with a Laptop come to your house and see if they can access the AMD Website. If they can then the problem will be with your PC.

Either AMD has your PC blocked or you have something preventing you to have access to the AMD website.

0 Likes

Well, it works when I am in another network, so it is obviously smth with my network.

But I already contacted my ISP, then checked my connection, restarted everything - nothing helps. Friends who use the same ISP can use AMD direct-buy.

Then the problem is with your home network, Something is blocking access to AMD website or AMD has your network block for some reason.

just guessing. It isn't an ISP issue. Might be a Router configuration if there is only one Router in the your home Network. I would contact the Router's Support and open a ticket and see what they suggest to re-configure your router.

Or you can disconnect all the computers in your Home Network except yours and see if you can connect. If you can then that means one of the other computers is causing the issue if you can't then it must be your router.

Either way it is a mystery. I don't see any reasons for AMD to block your Router to have access to their website.

0 Likes

Thanks for all the Input. It seems to be a problem with the fritz box.

I tried 2 different fritz boxes, everytime error 403 occurs. So I tried around a little bit, at home I did not found any solution, but in other networks, everything works fine. So I already accepted, that the problem wouldbe somewhere in my network or ISP or anything.

Now I tried in another friends network with my smartphone, just because I was curious, and there I also had error 403 - and he also is using a fritz box. So I guess, the problem is something with the fritz boxes.. I will get in contact with the next support - I will update as soon as I have news

I'm having the same issue for a long time now... Last year I still bought a GPU directly from AMD with no issues.

I do have a Fritz!box, too...

The issue is definitely on AMDs side, though. Millions of people have these routers/modems. Whatever they're checking for and denying access over, must be something they shouldn't deny access over. Period.

EDIT: Actually, I may have found the issue. Why just may? Because it's not really consistent, but I did get it to work by playing with some security settings of my Fritz!box, in particular the "Teredo Filter". I have no idea why Teredo would be necessary for the AMD site to work, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but apparently it is what does it... Maybe... You can find it, or at least that's where it is for me, under: Internet Settings -> Filters -> Lists (at the very bottom)

It might also be related to my particular IPV6 implementation, because I go through another router for WIFI. Playing around with the filter settings effectively disabled IPV6 for me. I'll keep playing around with different configurations..

Thanks for your help, deactive Toredo doesnt work for me.. But anyway, I already got a GPU, while I was connected to a public wifi

0 Likes