Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

tad1
Journeyman III

customize microphone and function

Hello good afternoon

I have the AMD program installed on my PC and I use it to record games etc., but in the recording settings area, in the microphone section, there is the option to activate the push to talk function, but the system does not provide an option to change the key. which is currently the middle mouse button

and also another question, recently a new version of the driver became available for update through the amd program and I updated it, but I noticed that during the installation process, the system did not allow activating the factory reset function of the video card, as Until a while ago I remember there was a way to enable

Probably for many people this function may be something "silly", but for me it is important because resetting to factory defaults before installing a new version usually guarantees that there will be no future problems

0 Likes
4 Replies

In hotkeys section click on it to enter change.

Factory reset is temporarily removed while investigating boot loops caused for some users, mentioned in release notes.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I managed to change the key but from what I saw it only changed when I pressed keys a - z

I wanted to put the left alt key because accessibility is good

and about the factory reset.. any predictions for the return? because if they thought it would be better to remove it temporarily to investigate what happened, then be patient.

0 Likes
Jadefox
Journeyman III

AMD Push-to-Talk Setting: As of my last update, AMD's software has limited customization for the push-to-talk key. If it's essential to change this, you might have to rely on third-party software or macros to remap keys, but this is not always ideal. Driver Update with Factory Reset: It's unusual for the option to be missing, as it's typically available. It might be a bug or change in the update process. Ensure you're using the official AMD software, and if the option remains absent, consider downloading drivers directly from the AMD website and manually installing them. Factory resetting before an update can indeed help avoid potential conflicts or issues.

Thanks

TellTims
0 Likes

Can you tell me why the AMD app is limited in changing some things? As far as I've seen in apps from other brands, the AMD app is very good in terms of resources

and you said that I can use third-party things to remap but it wouldn't be ideal, can you tell me why please?

and in the case of an official app... I always download it from the official website but the person who commented above your comment said that they supposedly removed this function to investigate an incident

0 Likes