cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Dayman600
Journeyman III

CPU Troubleshooting

Hello, I would just like to start off by saying I am newbie when it comes to assembling PC's. This is only my second go round and I've ran into an issue I can't seem to resolve on my own. 

I recently built a new PC but the CPU seems to be giving a bit of trouble.

Whenever my system is fully assembled, it boots and everything powers up like it should, but I cannot get my keyboard/mouse to power up and can't get any display on my monitor, giving me the no signal screen over and over. 

For reference, my specs are: 

MSI B550 Tomahawk motherboard

Ryzen 9 5900x 

Gigabyte GeForce 3060ti

EVGA Supernova 1000G PSU

HyperX 4x4GB RAM

I have tried seemingly everything. The RAM and GPU are seated properly, everything is plugged where it should be, the HDMI plugin is directly to the GPU. I even reinstalled my old Ryzen 3 which DOES make the computer run properly, so I looked it up and saw that the Ryzen 9 and B550 are incompatible with old BIOS. So I installed the proper BIOS update to a flash drive with the Ryzen 3 installed and updated the BIOS version. Reinstalled the Ryzen 9 shortly thereafter and the probably persisted even after updating the BIOS. I have also reset the CMOS battery and that didn't work either. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am desperate for a solution. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThreeDee
Paragon

so BIOS is flashed to version 7C91vAC now? IF so, does it boot with just 2 sticks of RAM installed in slots A2/B2?

If I might ask .. why 4 x 4GB sticks of RAM? Leftover from a previous build perhaps?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes