Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

StepoKedur
Journeyman III

Connecting AMD app to Win 10 machine

Hello there!

i posted a similar issue nearly two years ago, but had no reply at all from it.  The issue has however increased to a new one

I play a Star Wars Galaxies Emulator on my Win 10 laptop, and used to be able to connect the AMD iPad app to the Win 10 machine.  I was able to trigger a screenshot (I get some wonderful pictures and can tweak the colours and contrast easily with the AMD Link on the iPad) but I could not record any gameplay.  

currently I cannot even connect the iPad and the win 10 machine together at all, via AMD link on iPad (I tried all three apps available) Nd the AMD software on my win 10 machine.

Anyone have any clue as to where I could be going wrong?  It feels like a firewall issue, but AMD is allowed through.

cheers!  

Steve

4 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Could be that the AMD ipad app has some compatibility issues due to updates and lack of support for Win 10 these days. Have you tried Win 11 on your Laptop?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

Unfortunately the check says ‘AMD A6-6310 APU isn’t currently supported for win 11’.

I have had the unable to record vids but can take screenies issue for a long time though.  It’s just the last few months that the app cannot connect at all.

0 Likes

I wonder if that is also a TPM 2.0 issue that's causing the Win 11 support issue. I know there are bypasses that skip the W11 hardware checks and upgrade to W11. Did you try going back to some older drivers from when it was working on win 10?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

It's possible that the issue you're experiencing with connecting your Win 10 laptop and AMD iPad app could be related to a firewall or network configuration issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure that your Win 10 laptop and iPad are connected to the same network. If they're not, try connecting them to the same network and see if the connection improves.

2. Check your firewall settings on your Win 10 laptop. Make sure that the AMD software and apps are allowed through the firewall. You may need to add an exception to your firewall settings to allow the AMD Link app to connect.

3. Try disabling any other security software that may be running on your Win 10 laptop, such as antivirus or anti-malware software. Sometimes these programs can interfere with network connections.

4. Check your network configuration settings. Make sure that your Win 10 laptop is configured to allow network connections and that your network is set up correctly.