cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

dave_zilla
Adept II

Can't enter BIOS

Just installed an ASUS TUFF B650-PLUS with a 7600X and it won't let me get into the bios. This is the first mobo i've ever had that i can't do this. F2 or Delete do nothing, just straight into Win11. And yes i am keeping the key pressed down from the entire duration.

Normally you get the prompt, but it flashes past in like 0.001 secs.

I assume others will have had same issue so just looking for a way to get in.

0 Likes
1 Solution
6 Replies

Is 'Fast Startup' turned off in windows power option?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
dave_zilla
Adept II

i turned off Fast Startup in the Win 11 setting, and went into the bios via holding down the shift and entering eufi setting method. In the bios i turned off fast boot and changed the post time to 6 secs and still it just blazes on past without recognising the F2 key is held down.

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

The advanced startup from the article above will work.  

0 Likes

Have you tried tapping Delete key as it boots. Thats what i have always done.

And i have seen posts of people using display port having issues, not with hdmi.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
dave_zilla
Adept II

Consider it resolved, but kinda weird situation.

For what ever reason it was booting ultra sonic quick. So when you see the message to hit F2 blah blah, it was just zapping past. Just no chance of getting in.

Anyway. I had a nightmare with issues and did a full system re-install, and now when it boots i actually see the message and even have enough time to click when it appears, as any normal system should.

So pretty inconclusive but it's over.

What made me mad was using the AMD Ryzen Master bricked my system, totally corrupted it. So most when i needed the bios it made it even worse. Using the Safe Mode boot style was my only way in, so help from above was useful thanks.

0 Likes