cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

As of Today, Forum is Signing Me Out Every Time I Leave

I've never had a problem with this before.  All of a sudden, starting today, the forum is signing me out every time I leave it.  When I re-sign-in, I check the Keep Me Signed in box.  Nothing's changed in my browser (Brave) settings.  But, it keeps signing me out.

2 Solutions

Well I fixed the problem....for my browser at least.

Click the key next to the website URL (mine looks like a lock). Select ' site settings' and select ' clear data '. Sign in is back to normal for me. 

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

View solution in original post

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Clearing Data from there didn't work for me.  It's the same thing as when I went to:

Settings > Privacy and Security > Cookies and Other Site Data > See All Site Data and Permissions,

putting AMD in the Search bar and deleting all the site data there for community.amd.com (which didn't work, either).

BUT, when I ALSO cleared all the site data for amd.com at the same spot, after THAT, my login persisted.  Yay!

View solution in original post

11 Replies

It's happened to me a couple of times. Make sure you don't have any setting in your browser that would prevent saving sign in credentials or 'delete cookies when closing browser' setting. Clear the browser cache.

The day you posted this.....my computer started the same thing. Will not sign me in automatically anymore. Tried all the things I suggested and no help. I am going to ask for some help from the higher ups. @Ray_AMD 

If it is not a regular/recurrence day to day, might be forum maintenance (and/or they broke something)?

Just a guess.

But i have been getting an occasional 'unexpected error' viewing/replying/editing past few days.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Might be a Regional issue. I personally haven't had any issue signing on or staying on at AMD Forums, at least from South Florida Region.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Yeah, it started happening to me yesterday as well. East Coast. I'm also using Brave Browser.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

I'm in Texas using Opera. It works fine until I reboot or shut my computer down.

@kingfish Might be Brave specific. I know this happened to me before with Discord or Twitch, can't remember. Then it corrected itself. I had left this website after I commented on this post, but this time I didn't get logged out. Weird stuff, hah.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Yep.  This is with the Brave browser.  But, I've turned off the Brave Shields for this site.  It's just my standard privacy settings (and I've even allowed this site to use ALL cookies -- I normally block 3rd party ones) and uBlock Origin settings (and they look fine):

20230309 -- AMD uBlock Origin Settings.JPG

I haven't reset my browser settings yet.  But, I have deleted all AMD-related cookies and let them repopulate.  But, this site (and only this site) continues to log me out every time I leave.

Well I fixed the problem....for my browser at least.

Click the key next to the website URL (mine looks like a lock). Select ' site settings' and select ' clear data '. Sign in is back to normal for me. 

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

Screenshot_4.png

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Clearing Data from there didn't work for me.  It's the same thing as when I went to:

Settings > Privacy and Security > Cookies and Other Site Data > See All Site Data and Permissions,

putting AMD in the Search bar and deleting all the site data there for community.amd.com (which didn't work, either).

BUT, when I ALSO cleared all the site data for amd.com at the same spot, after THAT, my login persisted.  Yay!