cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

PalmerRL7
Adept I

AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 keeps disappearing or disabling

In November 2021 we purchased a new Dell Precision 3450 Small Form Factor with an AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100.

We are having nothing but problems.

The computer is set to sleep after 5 hours, and monitors to sleep after 20 minutes.

The computer and graphics card will be working great.  Dual monitors.

The monitors go to sleep.  When we come back 40 minutes later the monitors will NOT wake up.

But if I plug an HDMI monitor into the computer then we can see the AMD message "We are unable to detect an AMD Graphics product in your system." OR we go to Device Manager and find the AMD Graphics card is Disabled.

We have spent around 20 hours on the phone with Dell Technical support.  They have updated the Bios, update Windows 10, updated the Dell AMD driver, update the AMD drive.  We still have the same problem.

Dell replaced the AMD Graphics card......still the same problem.

Dell had us send the computer to the Dell Advance Resolution Center.  All they did was reimage the computer back to original state.  After setting the computer up again and have Dell support reapply all the updates and drivers......same problem.

Dell replaced the mother board.  Same problem.

Has anyone seen a problem like this?

Is there any log file or diagnostic file that can help find out what is going on??

Dell is now talking about replacing the entire computer.  But they sent us a laptop, which is not really a replacement for a desktop.

We have tried to fill in several "AMD Bug Reports".  Not clear if any of those have gone in.  The Bug report REQUIRES you to fill in things like what game you were play.  We were not doing anything.  The monitors went to sleep and after that the graphics cards is gone or disabled.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Likes
13 Replies

I do not see any link to a video.

0 Likes

ok, this is getting stranger.

Dell sent us a NEW Replacement computer that has an AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series.

I did the initial Windows 10 setup using a local login and applied all the Windows 10 updates.

I connected two monitors to the AMD Radeon graphics card.

Setup so the Monitors will sleep after 10 minutes, the computer will sleep after 2 hours.

After 10 minutes the monitors go to sleep and the computer is still awake.

Within a minute the computer makes the Windows sound when something is DISCONNECT from the computer.

Moving the mouse or keyboard will NOT bring the monitors up. 

I connect a HDMI monitor to the COMPUTER output to get a monitor.

When I open Device Manager and go to "Display Adapters" the "AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200" is GONE!!  The disconnect sound is the Windows 10 disconnecting and losing the "AMD Radeon" card.

I moved the computer to a different desk with different monitors and cables.  

SAME RESULT!!

This is TWO NEW Dell computers with brand NEW AMD Radeon cards that do the exact same thing.  Everytime the monitors go to sleep the computer disconnects the AMD Radeon cards and thinks the card is NO longer installed.

Next Saturday I am going to try and set it up with the Monitors NEVER Sleep and the computer sleeps after 2 hours and see what results that gives me.

Has anyone seen something like this???

0 Likes

Since your Dells are new I would open a Dell Support ticket to have them check your PC out under Warranty. But its seems like you have done that already since this is your Replacement Dells doing the same thing.

but it does sound like a Windows or possibly Driver or something is not compatible type issues.

AMD Moderator for Professional GPU cards might be able to give some insight on Monday @fsadough 

0 Likes

1. What is the exact make and model of your monitors?

2. What are the cables and adapters used?

3. Which inputs on the monitors are used?

4. What are the resolutions and refresh rates set to?

5. Send an AMDZ Report, so I can take a look at the system details as well.

AMDZ Report
    - Please extract the amdz-v315.zip available from https://we.tl/t-amsNVgI8rx
    - Run amdz.exe file as an Administrator
    - Select “Save All“ and “TXT“ as the output format
    - Click on the blue button to save the report
    - The .txt file will be saved in the same folder where you extracted the zipped file

I will get all that information this weekend and post here.

The computers are at a museum 50 miles away and I only get there on weekends.

We have got an AMD error a couple times.  The error asks if we want to file a report with AMD.  We have tried to file a report a couple times, but it asks a lot of questions that do not apply and there is no "N/A" or "Other" option.  Like what Software was involved.  We are just running Windows 10 and when the error happens, we are not running any software.  I think we got one report to go through.

Also, occasionally when I Enable the card we get "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver."

0 Likes

If the set up is at a museum, I guess you are using some sort of cable extensions.

The email contact form is very straight forward with couple of simple questions. See below:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Once you submit the form, you will be given a ticket number. Let me know the number and I will follow up with Customer Support Team. Don't forget to include the AMDZ Report and answer the five questions I raised.

0 Likes

I guess my post was a little confusing.

The computer is NOT a museum display or anything like that. 

The computer is in the museum's Executive Director's office as her business computer.

I got all the information/data this weekend, so will do a full post hopefully later today.

Submitted a Ticket: 8201234654

I attached two AMDZ Reports to the ticket.  One from the original computer and one from the replacement computer.

Here are the answers to the questions.

Computer 1: Dell Precision 3450 w AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 (1-DispalyPort, 2-Mini-DisplayPorts)

Computer 2: Dell Precision 3450 w AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 (4-Mini-DisplayPorts)

Monitors Pair 1: 2-Acer V246HQL purchased in November 2021 both set to 1920x1080 with 59.940 Hz

Monitors Pair 2: Asus VE247 and HP P240va...crap did not get the resolution or refresh rate for these.

Computer 1 to Monitor Pair 1 Cables:

Test 1:

1st Monitor cable: DispalyPort to DisplayPort

2nd Monitor cable: DisplayPort to DisplayPort – DisplayPort to Mini-DispalyPort adaptor from Dell

Test 2:

2nd Monitor cable: DisplayPort to Mini-DispalyPort

Test 3:

2nd Monitor cable: HDMI to Mini-DispalyPort

Computer 2 to Monitor Pair 1 cables:

2nd Monitor cable: DisplayPort to DisplayPort – DisplayPort to Mini-DispalyPort adaptor from Dell

Computer 2 to Monitor Pair 2 cables:

1st Monitor cable: DispalyPort to Mini-DisplayPort

To be honest I have run sooo many tests, I cannot remember all the combinations of cables used.

I have spent many hours on the phone with Dell watching them install Updates and Drivers.

I DID find on the original computer, if I set the monitors to NEVER Sleep, and the computer to Sleep after 2 hours, THINGS WORK FINE.  The computer Sleeps and when it wakes up the graphics card and monitors come up correctly.  I think it is something to do with the monitors going to sleep while the computer is still running.

Dell wants one of the computers back.  At this point I am going to send the Replacement computer back because I do NOT think this is a hardware issue.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes

I thought I posted a reply Monday...but not seeing it.  So I will post again.

I created Ticket: 8201234654 and attached two AMDZ Reports.

Computer 1: Dell Precision 3450 w AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 (1-DispalyPort, 2-Mini-DisplayPorts)

Computer 2: Dell Precision 3450 w AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 (4-Mini-DisplayPorts)

Monitors Pair 1: 2-Acer V246HQL purchased in November 2021 both set to 1920x1080 with 59.940 Hz

Monitors Pair 2: Asus VE247 and HP P240va..pretty sure the both are set to 1920x1080 with 59.940 Hz

Computer 1 to Monitor Pair 1 Cables:

Test 1:

Test 2:

2nd Monitor cable: DisplayPort to Mini-DispalyPort

Test 3:

Computer 2 to Monitor Pair 1 cables:

Computer 2 to Monitor Pair 2 cables:

1st Monitor cable: DispalyPort to Mini-DisplayPort

To be honest, I have run sooo many test, it is hard to remember exact sequence.

0 Likes

I posted a reply Monday, and again just now and they are not posting.  I will try and post in smaller messages to see if that saves.

I created Ticket: 8201234654 and attached two AMDZ Reports.

I did get an email from AMD on some suggestions which I will try Saturday.

0 Likes

I posted Monday, and twice today and none seem to be saving.

I created Ticket: 8201234654 and attached two AMDZ Reports.  I got an email today with some suggested actions.

0 Likes

I posted Monday, and several times today and none seem to be saving.

I created Ticket: 8201234654 and attached two AMDZ Reports.  I got an email today with some suggested actions.

0 Likes

I posted Monday, and MANY times today and none seem to be saving.

0 Likes