cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

skout5k27
Journeyman III

Alienware R10 RX6650xt upgrade now have issues with Facebook

Upgraded from rx5500xt to 6650xt (base power supply) also used amd clean software and also checked at dell for upgrades. Facebook go from freeze on start up to crashing later(being left on about an hour) everything else on R10 is fine to include Assetto Corsa in VR. Put 5500xt back in computer no issues, except now gaming sucks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Follow this as it is always required:

Information required when posting a question 

I would go to Dell Support download page for your Alienware R10 and update all the drivers including your BIOS to see if it fixes your issue or not.

Here is Dell Support download page for your PC: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r10-desktop/drivers

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

The above is for Windows 11 and Critical Driver updates. After that comes a whole bunch of Recommended driver updates.

NOTE: Use Dell OEM AMD Graphic driver for your RX6650XT and see if it fixes your issue or not. Does your Dell PC come with a AMD APU processor?

EDIT: I really don't know how a graphic driver will just affect one specific website and not all the websites or in general if it is freezing.

Most likely it has to do with your browser settings. Try turning off Hardware Acceleration in Windows Settings and see if that fixes your website issue.

Vynski
Exemplar

I have had considerable experience with Dell in the past 35 - 40 years, all bad. 

Their machines support only , and I mean only the components they put in them.  If your power requirements increase your going to have problems.  For the past 20 years people come to me with problems on their Dell machine, laptop or desktop.  My comment to them is; "You have my sympathy".

Knowing what I have experienced, I would say it is lack of power.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"