cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

maxwlh
Adept I

Will there be a preload for Starfield through AMD rewards?

I cant find an answer anywhere, will the free copy from my GPU bundle be available prior to release date?

Bonus round, will the premium version get the early release?

11 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey @maxwlh

Where ever you purchase from will provide a code for you upon release date of the game, on September 6th 2023. 

You can check out all the bundle details here: https://www.amdrewards.com/terms 

Cheers 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

Hi Amber!

I purchased an RX 6750 XT which features the premium edition of Starfield. This edition is supposed to include "up to" 5 days early access, and the ability to pre-load the game as soon as we receive the code. Is there any way to have codes pushed out ahead of the release date so customers can enjoy those included benefits?

Hi @RPTroop - 

It would depend on which retailer you made your purchase through and when they give you the code! Unfortunately, I can't help more here. Hope you enjoy Starfield and congrats on your GPU purchase 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes

I made it through Amazon! It looks like the release date through AMD Rewards was updated to September 1st instead of the 6th! So that would mean early access period is granted assuming no hiccups! Problem solved. Thank you!

YAY! Glad to hear it, you're welcome! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Spidey002
Journeyman III

I saw that Steam was starting preloads on Aug 30. Will we be able to receive our code to preload the premium version by that date?

As of August 31st at 8:30am New York City time I'm able to load the game to my steam account and begin the pre-loading process.

I am watching some streamers play right now and looks really good. Cannot wait!!

0 Likes

I shouldn't have read this... now I don't want to work anymore... 😂

Mister_Dalliard
Journeyman III

Alas, no pre-load for those of us who only needed a new CPU during the promotion. My standard edition is still "Your key will be assigned as soon as it is available" which is a shame as I was planning to pay for the premium upgrade (still a huge saving over RRP) to play it this weekend. I don't get why all the keys didn't drop at the same time - premium or not, there's no way we would be able to play it before Bethesda unlocks it and those of us with slower broadband will need the time to download it.

I guess my shiny new 7800X3D will go hungry for a bit longer. 😢

0 Likes

Rad that you got the 7800X3D!! I’m saving up for that right now to make a new build in an NR200 to go with my new RX 6750 XT

0 Likes