cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Who had a great time at the AMD V-LAN? What were some of your memorable moments? Prizes won?

Who had a great time at the AMD V-LAN? What were some of your memorable moments, prizes won? Did anyone beat @Sam_AMD at chess lol? I know had a good bunch of laughs playing Fall Guys myself, and got to hear some wonderful stories from some of Y'all! Looking forward to the next one

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
1 Solution
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Another part of the VLAN that I enjoyed is giving prizes to our fellow gamers! Check it out:

VLAN_Shipping_Prizes.jpg

Congratz again to: @terminalgain @Ryzen91 @sdizzol @PersonaFPS @Arkantis @caerbannog @tos_blackdeath @hibson @bandana121 @redeemer_xyz and @red5 

Enjoy your prizes and be sure to share some pics with the rest of us! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

View solution in original post

27 Replies
BigTacious
Adept III

definitely fall guys, super fun

5900X | Sapphire Nitro 7900XTX | 64gb RAM 3600mhz CL16 | x570 TUF WiFi
jamesc359
Forerunner

I had a great time as usual. From my perspective everything went off without a hitch. Great work everybody!

I didn't get to play very many games, but I'd like to thank @Sam_AMD for humoring me in my attempts to challenge him at Chess. I readily admit that Chess is not my game.

caerbannog
Adept III

One favorable Fall Guys moment is when we decided to collectively give @AFKG-Curtis all the hugs with no ulterior motive such as trying to get him knocked off the map. His falling off the map was pure coincidence the multiple times we hugged him to death. 😂

I wonder if that action is enough to disqualify me from claiming the MSI Swag Bag I was selected for, considering I did skirt the Event Rules in Section 6, Sportsmanship and Courtesy. 🤔😅

Fall Guys was definitely one of the highlights for me. Shout out to @AFKG-Curtis for being a good sport 😂

0 Likes

I enjoyed watching some ARAM League of Legends, also @rqsdevine stream of Call of Duty.

I played Elder Scrolls Online during event myself. Lots of guild stuff to do. Had fun.

@larrydarren wrote:

I enjoyed watching some ARAM League of Legends, also @rqsdevine stream of Call of Duty.

I'll second this! Those were definitely highlights as well as Draw Battle.  I too played some outside of the channels since my son wasn't part of the event, we played some Rocket League and learned about Fall Guys which is insanely fun!

rtbh99
Challenger

i missed most of it because i got called in to work. also missed the first prize drawing because i couldnt get away from work long enough to click the button 😕

all in all just an average day with a little bit of added excitement from the giveaways

---
lets talk about rtbh99
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I enjoyed watching a few people streaming games and the general voice chat that was going all the time.  I played World of Tanks on and off while monitoring the various channels of the AMD Discord server.

IMG_4285.jpg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I had a great time, thanks to you all! It's always great to hear your voices, laughter and have a conversation.

For me, it was playing COD (HC with FF on) with @tosblackdeath , @bayoudeputy , @rqs-devine , and a few other guys. From shooting and chatting, to sniping and laughing, I had a blast! (Or should I say "blasted").

Sam
Your biggest fan!
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

About Chess!

I played a total of 9 games. I lost to @venaur and @nikos2000p. And won the rest! eh eh eh. 

It was great to play Chess with Red Team members! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

It was fun being in the V-Lan, if you wanna play chess sometime just for fun just dm me at OniroyS#2127 on discord

I had a blast! Chess is something I have loved since I was a young child. Thank you for the exciting and close match! 

venaur
Elite

I enjoyed the whole event! I got to play a great game of chess and then a number of exciting ARAM games. Thank you so much for hosting this awesome chance to socialize with other AMD fans 🙂

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Another part of the VLAN that I enjoyed is giving prizes to our fellow gamers! Check it out:

VLAN_Shipping_Prizes.jpg

Congratz again to: @terminalgain @Ryzen91 @sdizzol @PersonaFPS @Arkantis @caerbannog @tos_blackdeath @hibson @bandana121 @redeemer_xyz and @red5 

Enjoy your prizes and be sure to share some pics with the rest of us! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Thanks for the fantastic time! I’ll be sure to share a pic! 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

That picture wins the day! Congrats everyone on the new gear! looking forward to seeing some new builds.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Maybe some Steampunk builds!  That contest has just over a month to go.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
tosblackdeath
Adept III

Had a great time playing COD with Sam_AMD and i won my first item thru AMD which is the ryzen 7 7800x 3d cpu can't wait to do it again thanks for the fun and laughs

Grats again Man!! Super pumped for you and was super stoked to get to play games with you again my friend.

PersonaFPS
Adept II

Had such a good time! Can’t wait to do it again! 

Was great to meet you and game together! Grats again man. 🙂

Ryzen91
Journeyman III

It was a blast Ill be sure to share a pic when I get my new CPU!!

sdizzol
Adept II

It was an awesome event, this is the first time i get some swag from AMD.  Going to put that ruby figurine on my shelf =D

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Overall, just getting to see our community show up for this V-LAN was memorable enough for me. Getting to have some of our Red Team Squad @PersonaFPS & @AFKG-Curtis / @Key-J join in and stream was also a blast. 

Axxemann
Forerunner

I was dealing with a bunch of stupid stuff at work. It's the joys of being the night guy on weekends. I wish I could have joined in, apart from being a spectator through my phone.

Performance over Pretty.

Had a great time with the V-Lan got to talk to some people I hadn't talked to in a while and meet some new ones as well. Had a great time playing COD with the group. Even played with Sam_AMD Thank you again to all involved in making it happen. Hope the wait isn't so long for the next one. Grats again to the winners.

RQSdevine

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Happy everyone had fun, congratulations to the winners!

0 Likes