cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Adept I

What will be the Best Budget Friendly Gaming Rig using AMD Processor and GPU ??

with so much competition and wide variety of gaming systems in the market.. What will be the Custom build you will have for Gaming ??

1 Solution
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

The Ryzen 5 series provide great clock speeds at lower wattage. So you get a cooler running CPU even under load.

The RX 580 and 590 GPU's are solid and stable just do your research on the manufacturer before you buy.

Corsair and Crucial make great budget RAM that I've never had a DOA or stick go bad on me.

Power Supplies are still fairly inexpensive. Once again do your research before you buy.

Honestly when it comes to MOBO's I only trust MSI. They are great for AMD Intel and Invidia builds. They provide great support, and their motherboards give great detail control to the user.

All in all in my experience before GPU prices went up I could build a mid/high end PC for around $1500. Now that same PC will average from $1800 to $2300.

A good quality budget build should run you around $1200 to $1600.

This is only if you order the individual parts and build it yourself. Buy the equivalent off the shelf or have someone build it for you. You're going to be looking at 2 to 5 times the cost. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Sort of difficult to put together a budget friendly PC gaming build in todays GPU climate

0 Likes

It depends on how intense your gaming needs are. If you just want basic graphics and the titles you play aren't very demanding (comparatively), I would honestly go with one of the APU options (5600G). If you're looking to play Halo Infinite or the latest CoD you'll want at least a 6500X, which won't break the bank at around $270 US, but expect to play at medium settings 1080p if you want decent frame rate.

0 Likes
majicalpanda
Adept II

5600x for cpu is a solid recommendation. For gpu it depends on resolution/frame rates.  The 6500xt is probably the easiest to get rn but imo if you have the budget and the patience try to go for a 6700xt

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

The Ryzen 5 series provide great clock speeds at lower wattage. So you get a cooler running CPU even under load.

The RX 580 and 590 GPU's are solid and stable just do your research on the manufacturer before you buy.

Corsair and Crucial make great budget RAM that I've never had a DOA or stick go bad on me.

Power Supplies are still fairly inexpensive. Once again do your research before you buy.

Honestly when it comes to MOBO's I only trust MSI. They are great for AMD Intel and Invidia builds. They provide great support, and their motherboards give great detail control to the user.

All in all in my experience before GPU prices went up I could build a mid/high end PC for around $1500. Now that same PC will average from $1800 to $2300.

A good quality budget build should run you around $1200 to $1600.

This is only if you order the individual parts and build it yourself. Buy the equivalent off the shelf or have someone build it for you. You're going to be looking at 2 to 5 times the cost. 

Hi, but what's your budget?

If you are tight and I mean tight and want something sub 1000, you are in for a world of pain but its doable.

But you will likely have to sacrifice something either lowering the hardware tier or go used parts.

Super tight budget and I would get an older CPU like Ryzen 3600X, buying brand new is super hard but cheap. You will likely find this in the outlet of a store trying to get rid of old stock. But I would go 5600X as its around 250-280.

Budget boards is not always a good idea on the long run but go after a B450 if you really want to save a buck, they can be found sub-100 but you will need confirmation on the BIOS update to work with Ryzen 5600X. You can also increase the budget to around 150 and grab a decent B550.

Corsair vengeance maybe the best bang for the buck ,16Gb 3200 are well bellow the 80 mark. But check QVL first.

1tb NVME is more than enough for the average joe and you can later on put some SATA SSD's for games and such, they are cheaper and for games it won't impact much. I would get a WD SN750 or Corsair Mp410, around the 100-120 mark and PCI Gen4. If you want to slash the price here, its possible to go DRAM'less and pay a lot less like sub-100 on a WD SN550, but you will be impacted on speed later.

Now that you saved a buck with the parts above, spend it on a 6700XT and you are ready to go. Or Get a 6600 and get things done under 1000.

Good luck.

The Englishman

Thats one of the great things about DIY builds.

Order the parts when you have the money and don't have worry about other necessities.

Another positive aspect of DIY build is each component has individual warrantees. Not to mention building your own PC helps you learn how to maintain repair and diagnose any issue you come across.

From my experience most quality PC parts makers are very helpful with DIY builders even if your past an RMA date.

Now pre built systems. A lot of them have a disclaimer either the moment you open the case (they have tamper intrusion systems) or make any hardware or software alteration that doesn't follow their guidelines and its bye bye warranty. 

0 Likes