Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Robbert
Adept III

What is your favorite game of all time? I'll go first

Hi all!

Another question for y'all - what is your favorite game of all time? It could be because of the story in the game, the game you played with friends, or you're just really good at, anything!

My favorite game of all time would be Diablo 3 - perhaps controversial, but it keeps pulling me back, and I have countless hours playing it. Mostly because it requires a lot of effort to make small gains, but it's fun all the while playing it.

Looking forward to y'alls reply!

Robbert

61 Replies
Fumbles48
Journeyman III

Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core

ssaradpon
Adept I

GTA V, Final Fantasy ALL, Skyrim

ChickenFlyedLice
Journeyman III

N64 GoldenEye 007

German_AC
Adept II

The Mafia series, but specially Mafia I. And also Quake III Arena. Countless hours playing Quake.

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.
ripcord
Adept III

James Bond 007: The World Is Not Enough

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Radeon RX 7800 XT, MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi, 64 GB DDR4.
XelaVo581
Adept II

pac man!!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts

hahah, you can't go wrong with Pac-Man! 😄

Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II

Michael Alan Horton
Diptenkrom
Adept I

Gran Turismo 3 - Great car selection, good graphics and gameplay is more realistic than in 2.

Chotch
Adept II

Probably has to be the original Legend of Zelda on NES. Have played it so many times.

I've played many games over the years. So, this is kind of hard

But the game I pick is Half-Life 1

It just felt like such a large jump in how the enemies would react to your character at the time. As well as the many other good things about the game.

NES Mario bros 1-2-3 or SNES Super Mario All-Stars that has them all.

drpluto
Adept III

bioshock and max payne

ThreeDee
Paragon

Game's are like my taste of music .. depending on the mood .. I like different styles from Classical to 60's rock to rap .. or maybe some Jazz .. 

I cut my teeth on the first PC Tomb Raider (triangle boobs) game and have enjoyed the franchise over the years .. PC and Console

Online with dial up years ago .. I had a blast with Monster Truck Madness 2

Playing Half Life when it first came out was a real game changer

I have never been beaten at SNES Super Tennis by anybody else .. some really great matches in my college dorm

N64 Golden Eye still holds up

I've had a blast with all split screen couch coop shooter games on the XBox 360 and XBox One playing with my wife

..and right now .. Hunt:Showdown on PC has me captivated with over 4k hours played

It's hard to have just one favorite .. 

ThreeDee PC specs

"Game's are like my taste of music .. depending on the mood .. I like different styles from Classical to 60's rock to rap .. or maybe some Jazz" This is very true and how I find my self choosing a game to play.

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes
alisha
Adept I

My main 3 ever is what I call the Trinity :

1. Mass Effect 3 (the beliefs, the characters, the SF, the gatherer danger)

2. The Witcher 3 (the profundity, the characters, the world)

3. Warcraft 3 (the legend, the world, the sentimentality, the web-based custom guides)

Then, at that point, Dying Light (best Zombie game ever), Gruntz (sentimentality hits hard), and Borderlands 2. Practically just PC games on the grounds that my main control center was the PS1, the Gamecube, and the N64. For these ones, I'd say Rayman 1, Crash Bandicoot 3, SSBM, Spyro 2, and Mario Kart Double Dash.

Alisha Pal
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Probably these are: Nox (2000 release), Diablo all parts, warcraft 2. Half life all parts and episodes, rising kingdoms, heroes of might and magic 3 and add-ons, starcraft 1-2 and add-ons, Sacred 1-2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. all parts (thanks to modders so far the game is livelier than all the living)

Ohhh I remember Nox, I was blown away by it, that was my intro to RPGs!

Such a loaded question lol. 😂 Seeing such good games mentioned. My personal favorite....that's so tough because I've played so many good ones.

I think I'll go with Resident Evil 4. I've just had the most fun playing it over any other game and have completed it so many times. Aside from that, The Sims comes in at a close second because of the endless gameplay.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

I remember when the Sims first came out. Such a revolutionary game, especially for its time!

Honestly, probably Sim Tower.  I have a special place for Child of Light.

0 Likes

Fallout 4

gomalthemes
Journeyman III

There are lots of my fav games, But I really love IGI and wants to play again and again. 

John132203
Journeyman III

Doom II

mrsmooth0711
Adept II

I would have to say Halo 3. Was so much fun playing with my friends in high school and was probably the first game that got me "hooked" onto gaming. 

Key-J
Paragon

This is a difficult one for sure!

I don't think I could have an overall favourite game, but I have three games that are of importance to me for varying reasons.

1) Counter-Strike 1.6
This was the game that really started it all off for me in terms of gaming as a passion and gaming as a social item. I still vividly remember the first time I ever played it. My best friend brought me to a hole-in-the-wall internet cafe and introduced me to CS. From then on, for a few years, we would visit different internet/gaming cafes on the weekends for hours and hours and play CS and eventually other games. Man, I miss the days of internet/gaming cafes. 

2) Perfect Dark for the N64
- This was one of the first games I ever played through to completion and repeated. It was a challenging game for me, and one that I got really excited about picking up and playing. When I finally beat it, I can recall the sense of accomplishment that it gave me. The thing is, I don't want to go back and play it again - because I'm afraid of changing the fantastic memories of it.

3) Silkroad Online
This was the first true MMO that I played, and boy did I play it. I became enthraled in this game for a number of years and would go on to lead guilds and server alliances. I became friends with one of the GMs and worked on PTR testing before PTRs really became a thing. I had so much fun in this game, made so many friends and built a huge community - of which, some people I still keep in contact. The game itself unfortunately has met its ruin (although still active) through rampant botting and lack of response from the Game Devs. However, if you look for private servers, there are many out there with great communities.

🙂

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
tenzo23
Elite

All time, probably StarCraft.

But really, there are plenty of games I'd call my favorite at one time or another! Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series, Marvel Vs Capcom, Thief, Need for Speed, Mario Kart, Contra, Ninja Gaiden

/sig Fun guy.
afward
Adept I

System Shock (the original)... I'm dying for the remake to come out!

Alphamektek
Adept I

TitanQuest, Metroid Series

Likebrews
Adept II

NR2003 racing. The reason I started building serious machines. Microsoft wheel and pedals were gold in those days but I bought them. Enjoyed thousands of hours and several years of competitive racing.

AMD Ryzen R7 2700X on MSI B450 Tomahawk Max 64GB Corsair RGBPro RAM MSI Armor 8GB RX580 WD NV750 Black Creative xFi Fatality 7.1 Twin MSI Optix MAG27322CQR
deadbolt
Adept II

These are too close to call either one my number one favorite. Mass Effect & Dead Space series.

ggriffinz
Adept I

Psychonauts, Assassins creed Black flag, Last of Us 

fromo68
Adept I

Pac man

jamesp185
Adept II

Destiny 2

Not the most popular game by any stretch, but it was the first game I played with my kids. Great fun playing all Sunday while mom worked. 😄

shaksilibra
Journeyman III

Bingo Blitz. Very fun game. A lot of incentives to keep leveling up. Really enjoy the game.

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater would be my all-time favorite.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Snake Eater is an awesome game. The different ways you can take down bosses and enemies is almost ridiculous. I hope the remake is good.

0 Likes

Halo 3, without a doubt!

petosiris
Miniboss

I tend to like Space Games and played many of them during the 90's, such as Star Wars Tie Fighter and Wing Commander series, but then the genre sort of died out.  Until about 10 years ago, when it was resurrected by a couple of game studios. 

Today, I must say my favorite game of all times is a current game, not yet released to the public:  Star Citizen.

It's a Space Simulator game but spans several other genres, among them Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing (MMORPG), First-Person Shooter (FPS), Racing and others.  More genres will be added later, among them Real-Time Strategy (RTS) and Simulation (SIM), where you can run a farm or a factory.  Because the game spans many genres and is in many ways not genre-typic either, the creator, Cloud Imperium Games (CIG), call it a First Person Universe game.  For instance, skill levels doesn't exist in Star Citizen and you cannot ascend to a higher level in the game artificially.  Instead, you learn personal skills through training in your occupation/profession, just as you would in real life.  Because of this, an occupation isn't easy to master in a flash.  You can start with easy stuff but it takes training to become good at it, whether you're bounty hunting, mining, or other things.  There's also no "win" situation.  Your character progress through skills and achievements and there's no end goal.

Star Citizen is still in Alpha (v 3.18 currently) but is open for all with a game account -- if you don't mind experiencing some bugs.  It contains many things to do, such as shoot-em-up, trading and cargo hauling, bounty hunting, exploring, mining, salvaging, and more.  You can also choose to be an outlaw and prey on other players.  Star Citizen is known for its massive and beautiful planets, where you can freely fly, park your ship and walk around.  There are no skyboxes.  When you stand on a planet and look up towards a moon, you see the moon as it is in relation to the planet and you can fly from the planet to the moon without taking your eyes off it and land on the moon.  Planets and moons also have day/night cycles.  Persistence ensures you can place a crate in the woods for someone else to pick up (or others to accidently find).

The core of the game is a space simulator though and you can fly your own ship with a crew of friends, if you like.  While you pilot the ship, your friends can man the turrets or manage shields, for example.  In Star Citizen you can fly seamlessly from space down to a planet or moon, walk from the ship and into an area with "enemies" you can FPS with.  All is seamless with no scene changes.  Or you can do Extra-Vehicular Activity (EVA) from your ship and board other ships through the vacuum of space, then continue FPS inside the other ship and perhaps take it over.  Inside your ship you can walk around seamlessly from cockpit to all other parts of the ship.  Explorer type ships have a bed you can use to log out, and when you log in again later you wake up in the same bed at the same location where you parked your ship.  The game has alien races and alien ships.

CIG is simultaneously developing a single-player version, called Star Citizen Squadron 42.  This game will most probably be released first, then the MMO later.  There's no release date for either games at this time.

Do ask me if you wonder about something in Star Citizen. 👍

Star Citizen on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@RobertsSpaceInd

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image