cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

What Coffee Do You Sip While Gaming?

So, I'm a little curious about what people are drinking while gaming - especially when they are gaming late into the evening.  Personally, I enjoy wine while gaming.  But that's partly because this past year I have found that more than one cup of coffee for me can cause stomach issues.  I used to drink 2-3 cups in the morning after waking up, but now I do my best to limit it to just one cup.  But this is about which brand of coffee do you prefer and I suppose what style of coffee?  For example, an Americano (espresso & hot water) would be nice, but usually I have just a cup of drip coffee.  A cappuccino is really nice but a lot of work to make at home.  As for coffee brands, my wife and I buy Starbucks dark roast beans, like French Roast, Italian Roast, etc.  We buy the whole bean bags and grind it each morning when we make coffee.  We store the coffee beans in the freezer too.

So, what do you do for coffee while gaming or even when you're not gaming?

Starbucks Italian Roast is our favorite coffee bean.Starbucks Italian Roast is our favorite coffee bean.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
22 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Coffee talk... oh boy - paging @rtbh99 😂. We typically drink drip coffee at home using a Breville Precision Brewer.

Coffee.Maker.JPG

I'm not a big coffee aficionado in any way, so I can't say for sure that it's high quality or anything (my fiancée picked this out), but it works great for us! 

As far as beans go, our local grocer has this "Mexican Vanilla" flavor by Addison Coffee Roasters that we really like.

Coffee.Beans.JPG

Outside of that, I'm a big fan of mochas (can you tell I like my coffee a bit on the sweeter side? haha).

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Mexican Vanilla?  That sounds intriguing.   

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
AgCN3
Adept III

Any of Modern Times' bourbon barrel-aged coffees.  So delicious!!  🤗

Ryzen 9 5950X|Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6950XT|128GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4-3600 (4x32)|ASUS Crosshair Dark Hero VIII|Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB|Corsair iCUE H150i AIO|Samsung G55A 32" Monitor|Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I've never heard of those.  Please post more information about them.  

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Just the regular Dolce Gusto from my trustworthy machine with 11 Years.

I don't even know how it still works...

Now, its time for a IKEA Cinnamon Roll plus a Ardenza coffee. BRB

johnnyenglish_0-1697665970222.png

The Englishman

Italian coffee?  I thought you were English.....

Well.......   Cold weather is coming. Tea will soon be my best friend again.

That and cranking up the PBO limits on the CPU to raise indoor temps.

The Englishman
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I like the basic Folgers Black Silk. Cheap but effective. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I drink a Meltitta 100% bean that I extra fine grind and run through a drip machine. Splash of half and half and I'm good to go! I do enjoy a "good" cafe latte as well, but the drip is the go to.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
AMD_cire
Challenger

as long as black coffee..

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I don't mind it Black, but prefer a tiny splash of cream. None of that flavoured stuff

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
ThreeDee
Paragon

Kirkland beans that I grind myself ... or .. Kirkland K-pods

ThreeDee PC specs
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Is that a 100% Columbian bean?

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Cheers man, that looks like something i'd like. i'll give it a go!

Axxemann
Forerunner

Coke Zero or Dr. Pepper Zero. I don't coffee, or hot drinks, period. Sometimes, on my Fridays, I'll crack a lager. But Cold drinks are my thing 😛

Performance over Pretty.
TheKaosJunky
Adept I

Not coffee, but tea, lapsang souchong to be specific, or a black breakfast tea if I am out of lapsang

A smoked black tea.  Interesting.  I have not tried that one.

0 Likes
morphinebear
Adept III

Just water or tea. Can't take in too much before bed.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Good coffee starts with a good coffee maker.  Check out the 'Iron & Sprout' Double Pour Over set:

Drip coffee with style.Drip coffee with style.

0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

oh boy i got paged to a coffee thread. i just got back from a pair of vacations where i bought about a years worth of coffee beans up front. by the time i was up to number 12 on my trip to portland oregon, my husband was starting to get upset. currently i have 26 varieties of coffee in my freezer, mostly light and medium roasts. i make my coffee with a manual hand grinder and an aeropress every time, though i recently bought a hario v60 drip maker. heres a pic of my collectionsome of these were quite expensive :)some of these were quite expensive 🙂

---
lets talk about rtbh99
PersonaFPS
Adept II

I drink a lot of diet green or I really like Reign gummy bear while leaning so far toward the screen I see every pixel 😂😂