Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

The Last of Us Part 1 | Game Code Giveaway

Amber_AMD_0-1684945569941.png

Hey Red Team, 

Wanted to remind you a little bit about The Last of Us Part 1 if it fell off your radar or you haven't had a chance to play it yet. You can experience the emotional storytelling and unforgettable characters in The Last of Us™ Part I, winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards. Now powered by AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution, experience Joel and Ellie’s tale with incredibly visual fidelity at ultra-high resolutions and framerates.

In a ravaged civilization, where infected and hardened survivors run rampant, Joel, a weary protagonist, is hired to smuggle 14-year-old Ellie out of a military quarantine zone. However, what starts as a small job soon transforms into a brutal cross-country journey. 

The Last of Us™ Part I includes the complete The Last of Us single-player story and celebrated prequel chapter, Left Behind, which explores the events that changed the lives of Ellie and her best friend Riley forever.

@Wally_AMD can attest, this game is worth your time if you haven't played it already. You should see his face light up in person when you ask how it is 🤣 If you need a refresher for the excitement that this game holds, check out the trailer below. 

To bring back the hype, we'll be randomly selecting 8 winners from the comment section on this post at 12 pm CST, Wednesday, May 30th to win a steam code for The Last of Us Pt. 1! Keep an eye out for a private message from myself, @Wally_AMD, or an email from community.moderator@amd.com.

Happy Gaming, gamers! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
1 Solution

Congratulations to the lucky winners 🙂 @kenichi @yusz @Triplexbee @HomelessAvatar @EMoney129 @chadplusminus @ardankyaosen @ThreeDee 

Be sure to check your email (or spam) for an email from community.moderator@amd.com or a PM from myself if you have them on. 

Enjoy the adventure and thanks again to everyone who participated. Keep an eye out in the gaming discussions as we will have another exciting game code giveaway in the coming weeks. Cheers! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

View solution in original post

59 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Good luck to everyone and thanks for the chance!

Eudicots
Adept III

What an unexpected surprise. Good Luck everyone. 

maribves
Adept I

Wow. That's a great surprise!

CimaDrewski
Adept II

I haven't played this since the PS3!

Florin1
Journeyman III

This game is really good and now the game runs better specially with the FSR on the PC and good luck everyone 🙂

Flo
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

THIS GAME IS THE BEST! Enter if you haven't played it!!

joelnod.gif

Flo
SeismicForce
Adept III

A few weeks ago I installed it but after checking out the game settings the Adrenalin overlay had me near 100% CPU utilization and very high PSU wattage so I never actually tried playing it and uninstalled for now. Here are my "new" system specs:

System specs: Lian Li Lancool-205 Mesh ATX Case w/ARGB 1x120mm/2x140mm Fans, Intel i7-12700KF CPU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 240mm AIO, G.Skill 2x16GB RipJaws V 3200Mhz RAM, AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU, Western Digital Blue 1TB NVMe SSD, WD_Black 1TB NVMe Gaming SSD, 750W Thermaltake ToughPower 80+ Gold PSU, LG 32GP750-B 32" 165Hz 2560x1440 Display.

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
bigmakbm1
Adept II

I would love to get a code, Amazon did not honor the promotion for my new 7900XTX Nitro 😞 They were listed as partners but the support acted like they never heard of it.

I also have a nice 7800X3D to pair with it.

CaligoVereor
Challenger

Nice, thank you for the opportunity. Good luck everyone!

Pygowsky
Adept II

Only played the PS4 version, and this game is amazing. Good luck to everyone!

ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Thanks again for these neat giveaways!

dryden
Adept III

Thanks! I have not played The Last of Us Part 1, but have watched a ton of it on Twitch LOL 

Thanks and good luck everyone!

theswweet
Adept II

I've never had a chance to play it yet, hopefully I win a code!

Moist
Adept III

Would love a chance to test out my system with this game always wanted to give it a go but never got around to picking up a Playstation.

azulyri
Adept III

Just finished the TV series, perfect timing! Thanks for the chance!

rtrickey27
Journeyman III

Wow!

I remember watching the play-through of this game back in the day. 

Best of luck to everyone who enters! 

❤️ R

iBreakCPUs
Adept I

Good luck everyone!

drpluto
Adept III

thanks for the chance

jace2010
Adept II

good luck

nilamop
Adept I

Hello. Wow. I came to your site with a different purpose, but I saw this news. Cool! I'm unlucky at random. But maybe I'll be lucky this time? I would definitely play and record a video about this game, because I watched the series and I really liked it. It's a pity that now the strikes, I'm looking forward to the second season. In any case, good luck everyone.

immoderatus
Adept I

Hello, I would love to check it out on my new 7900xt.

Subsilent00
Adept III

Nice giveaway! I'd love to play it in the evenings after a very productive day. Hopefully everyone is enjoying May, and remember to smell those flowers!

yakyak
Adept II

cool!

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Oh yeah, I'm in. I was waiting for a sale, but if Red Team can come in the clutch again, I won't be mad! Nice giveaway and good luck to all who enter. 

Salute!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Triplexbee
Adept I

I signed up to enter. I want to cry in glorious resolution and graphical fidelity this time around. 

Oh, dang, I've got to watch this show too. Looks so good.

What should I do, play game first or watch the program?

Best of fortune everyone.

I'd say play the game first. Game really sucks you in and is better overall in telling the story over a long time. That said, the show fleshed out some stories or added some really nice detail. Both are phenomenal though. Seriously.

jamesc359
Forerunner

It looks like a really fun game. Good luck all!

jcat87
Adept I

Good luck guys!

🤞

MrFunt
Adept I

I would love to play this on PC!

creativem0dz
Adept I

Always wanted to play this. Thanks for the chance!

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

GLHF to all!

EMoney129
Adept III

Love and thanks AMD. Good luck everybody.

FederaluL
Adept III

My pc says "yes!" 🙂

good luck to all

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
stan
Elite

Want to enjoy this game with my 7900 XTX.

hawkeye
Elite

Hey,

Nice giveaway! Thank you.

yusz
Adept I

thank you

shadow118
Adept I

Good luck everyone 🙂

Also, I haven't played it

Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte B450M DS3H | MSI Mech 2x RX 6750 XT | G.Skill Aegis 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz | Viper M.2 VP4100 1TB | Toshiba P300 2TB | WD Blue 1TB | Kingston SV300 120GB