cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Omnipro
Adept II

Steam Deck Support and Adoption

So I preordered Steam Deck in August, an was told I should get mine late spring.

Regarding support I know AMD provided the custom APU so driver support and updates shouldn't be a problem.

The thing I am wondering about is Linux\Steam OS support for games.

I hear Proton which emulates Windows enough to play many Windows games works pretty well.

I saw a list of games what work on it and I don't play any of them so that is fine.

I want to give Steam OS a try, but will probably dual boot with Windows even if it will take a lot of drive space. My go Steam OS only for a while.

Back to AMD I know they will support it driver wise, but you think they will give it an extra support, optimization, and tweaking features like FidelityFX Super Resolution.

So sorry to drone on. Any one else preorder? What do you think about the issues above?

1 Solution
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

It's up to the game developers to have to implement FidelityFX Super Resolution into their games.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

It's up to the game developers to have to implement FidelityFX Super Resolution into their games.

I wish I had pre-ordered lol. I know it's a way out still, but would be curious to hear your thoughts once you get yours. 

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
0 Likes