cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

NoFeier
Adept I

Rx 580 8gb black screen

So I've had this problem for about a half a year now where if I play some games and my pc will have the screens will lose all signal I am still able to hear things going on in games and talk with my friends on discord ( im able to tell them that I crashed I tested and i could keep talking for a full minute before i just shut it down) and I am always forced to shut my computer down to restart it... Adrenaline software would say wattman had reset to default when I would boot back up.  It hasn't been able to find a fix for it for a minute now and I'm starting to lose hope in team red... The performance in games are great when things don't crash... I've tried a bunch of things to find a solution (lowing gpu clocks, changing the fan curve, ddu drivers multiple times, repasted the card and reseated the card, checked all other connections, lowered ram timings) i tried running the drivers without adrenaline software and it fixed it for a week before it became a problem again. I see most crashes in Apex(120fps), Skater Xl(144fps), Black Mesa(144fps) and a couple other games but i forgot tbh.. Im pretty lost at this point if anyone has anything to throw out as a fix I would love to hear it I'm about to just stop playing these games til I can upgrade my gpu.... I have fine time with other games, was able to play CODWM(100fps) rdr2(90fps) and death stranding(60fps) and doom eternal (120fps) without any problems the card was under 100% loads during those games.. Card would stay around 70c- 77c. I do have two monitors one is 720(60hz) other is 1080(144hz) If people need me to record it I can and with my phone and post it here 

Spec: 

Mobo : Asus prime x570-p 

cpu: ryzen 7 3700x no overclock (wraith cooler)

ram: g.skill aegis (4x8gb) 3200mhz xmp enabled at 3000mhz

gpu: msi armor rx 580 oc

psu: corsair cx650m

boot: 126gb ssd

game drives 2tb ssd wd

spare storage: 3 tb seagate hdd

10 Replies