cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contests and Sweeps

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes: October – Featuring a TUF Gaming X670E-Plus-Wifi Motherboard

Amber_AMD_0-1664811308930.jpeg

Hey Red Team,

October is here, and we are ready to add some thrill to your build with another monthly sweepstakes! This month, we are partnering with our awesome friends at ASUS to celebrate the release of their new AM5 motherboards. If you want to upgrade your rig to AMD’s latest, this could be the match you were looking for! NOTE: These motherboards are only compatible with the AMD Ryzen 7000 series CPUs.

Enter now for your chance to win a TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS-WIFI Motherboard.

Amber_AMD_1-1664811308961.png

Amber_AMD_2-1664811308979.png

Entering is easy, just follow these steps:

1. Make sure you are a registered member and have a ranking greater than or equal to Novice III. Click here for more info about ranks.

2. Reply to this post with anything! Although it is not required and won’t increase your chances of winning, feel free to tell us if you’re building a rig, the game you’re currently playing, or just say hi.

Example reply:

“Hi! I’m having a blast taking out enemies in Sniper Elite 5! Currently playing through the campaign and enjoying detailed real-world locations!”

1. Hit “Reply” and that’s it!

The October Sweepstakes Entry Period opens on Monday, October 3, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time. Entries must be submitted by Monday, October 31, 2022, at 10:00 a.m. Central Time. For more information about how to enter, check out the blog!

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) and Canada, 18 years or older members of the AMD Community forum with a Novice III or greater ranking. Ends 10/31/2022. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit  Red Team 2022 Monthly Sweepstakes Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: AMD, Inc.

Amber_AMD_3-1664811308980.png

Amber  

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
119 Replies
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

It's a shame AMD increased the thickness of the heatspreader on the cpu die (see der8auer's "Ryzen 7000 Delidding - Unreal Temperature improvement with Direct-Die Cooling" video) to maintain cpu cooler compatibility.  It's a new platform and basically everything else will have to be replaced.  A 20 degree C temperature difference isn't worth that.

So far the EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB with a push-pull configuration seem to handle the temps of a 7950x using real world applications. It stays in the range of 37C-75C.

If gaming will really keep the CPU in the 95C range, I'll might consider a custom loop using the upcoming EK-Quantum Velocity² D-RGB - AM5 Water Block. This might just be the last nudge I need to switch to water cooling. (will test gaming when 4090 and 7900 XT will come out)

It won't matter much.  The bottleneck is the heat transfer from the chiplets to the IHS.  No amount of additional dissipation will help with that.

You could get a chiller and cool the liquid sub ambient.  That would help.  But then you'd have to battle condensation.

Yes, the heat spreader seems to be a design flaw. I can understand they don't want the chiplets crushing,  but to gain 20 degrees by de-lidding... couldn't a better thermal interface design be found?

I think they intentionally increased the thickness of the CPU heat spreader to limit it's performance. So, when the 2nd gen Ryzen 7000 CPUs are released. They'll have much thinner heat spreaders and will out-perform these first Gen Ryzen 7000 CPUs by a decent margin. 🤔🤔🤔

I doubt it. Either it was for compatibility or to leave room for 3D cache in future models or...

I wonder if these new 7 and 5 nm products are more sensitive to voltage degrading the silicon and causing issues. In that case limiting the voltages by letting the temperature rise and use that to keep voltages low when CPU is pushed hard, could be the reason. Would be easier to just lower the voltage, but then you would not hit those highest clockspeeds and there is a tough competition between AMD and Intel. I watched a YT vid about using the curve optimizer in BIOS. Minus ten was easy, and he ended up with minus 28, which dropped temps and watts a lot, but effect on practical performance was fairly small.

Greeting's from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan! Been playing Blizzard's new "Diablo Immortal" since launch, just hit level #265 with my Necromancer. Best game of all the Diablo's!

gabrielpike
Adept II

I would love the opportunity to build on the new platform since I can't afford it outright. It looks promising in early reviews however the 95C thing is a little hard to want to allow. I guess most AMD processors will just run hot from now on...

If you like to play games then please check alight motion mod apk

soullodolo
Adept III

Another month another chance, thank you! Are we going to get some options of X670 with DDR4, else it's going to be too many things to upgrade at once sheesh.

Ryzen 7 5800x (Desktop), Ryzen 7 6800H (Laptop)
rtbh99
Challenger

got dang look at those VRM heat sinks

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Ekelekuele
Adept II

I've recently purchased a nice case that'd go perfectly along with this motherboard, good luck everyone!

Key-J
Paragon

Beautiful card for a beautiful CPU!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Do not tempt me, Red Team. Don't do it, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
jamesc359
Forerunner

I've picked up Need for Speed Heat. So far I'm really enjoying the open world/map and racing. The story is pretty much the typical mediocre racing game story line. It's a good thing you can ignore it and enjoy the rest the game has to offer.

P.S. That's an awesome mobo!

@jamesc359 I guess I need to stop being stubborn. I saw Steam have Heat for $4, but its the principle for me to not support EA's shenanigans that kept me from buying it, lol.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
battyus
Adept II

Here's to hope 🙂

red5
Miniboss

This would be awesome. I have my 7700X and DDR5 memory already, but I was waiting for more motherboards to be available. Now I'm thinking about abandoning the whole build since I have so much $$ invested in my entire gaming LAN.  ugh

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

The Ascent is so much fun right now. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I fully expect that I shall not win, yet here I am again trying to beat the odds.  I do want to build a 7000 series gaming machine during the year-end holidays though.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

That makes 2 of us.  If the contest only had 2 competing, I would lose.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
neon
Miniboss

Lots of features on this motherboard, and it's good to see Asus is using the larger BIOS chips to allow for more forward compatibility. Go Red Team!

dryden
Adept III

Recently, I've been perusing tech reviews about the AMD Ryzen 7000 series CPUs for my own interests and potential next build. I live in the warmer part of the United States, so the higher thermals got my attention even though these processors are designed to run at TJMax [95°C] 24/7 without risk of damage or deterioration. However, these CPUs do look impressive from what I've read so far. Thanks AMD for a chance to a TUF Gaming X670E-Plus-Wifi Motherboard! good luck all! 

darkchewie
Adept II

Awesome motherboard, thanks Asus and AMD!

Can't believe it's October already!  Maybe time for some spooky games, perhaps revisit the Dead Space trilogy before the new one comes out next year.

Axxemann
Forerunner

That motherboard is a BEAST! It'll be great having that thing sitting on the shelf ready to go once I can afford a 7000 series CPU!

What I'm after most is more budget-friendly options for a GPU other than taking my chances on the used market!

Performance over Pretty.
Deemon69
Elite

I hope the BIOS for 670 chipsets will be more stable than it was with 570 chipsets.

sur6e
Elite

Alright!!

[ 5800X3D | Aorus 6950XT | MSI B550 | H115i Pro | G.SKILL 32GB 3600Mhz | 850W Gold | Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz | HP Reverb G2 (v2) ]
vialli100
Forerunner

Same rubbish as last time!!

What about people in the UK and Europe, actually around the world?

It wouldn't cost much to post?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
EVI5R8R
Adept II

good luck all

Subsilent00
Adept III

Very nice giveaway! Thanks for the chance at it. I have a CPU ready for a motherboard too! I'm not currently playing any games right now though. I'm busy fixing a leaking roof. Have a nice day everyone! I love AMD! You have outstanding products!

gotgrant
Adept III

Cool - Always loved TUF Boards

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Oh My!!!! Dream MB and perfect for the new AM5 system I'll be building as soon as the GPUs are released!!!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Arctic Liquid Freezer ii - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 5TB of Crucial P5 Gen. 4 NVMe - NR200P Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Vynski
Exemplar

Wow!  You really went overboard on this one.

One NICE prize.  This really gets your heart going.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
ratmonkey33
Adept I

Asus = Awesome!

Saylick
Journeyman III

Hi! Long time hardware enthusiast, but finally decided to make a community account. Keep up the good work, and keep fighting the good fight. We consumers always look forward to more competition in the PC space, and what AMD has done to bring more competition in the CPU and GPU markets in the last 5 years is not unnoticed. 🙂

PS - Currently building a 4K gaming rig for my brother. As you probably have guessed, it will be an all AMD rig. Already have my eyes set on a few choice parts. Now just waiting for what RDNA 3 has to offer. Fingers crossed for a competitive product launch!

harishgupta
Adept II

Badly in need to save cost for the upgrade. Good luck everyone 👍

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Not sure I will jump on the 7000 series.  The high temps due to the poor transfer of heat to the IHS will likely be corrected in subsequent generations.  The motherboard can still be used for those though.

fujiyama-95
Challenger

SUPER EXCITED for the future of Content Creation with AMD's latest releases and AV1 support!!

Lately, I've been enjoying Escape from Tarkov, trying to prepare myself for DMZ CoD MW2 coming up!

Love the motherboard as well! ASUS ❤️ Products are always the best ❤️

azulyri
Adept III

Hi! Not currently building a build. Currently replaying the Cyperpunk 2077 campaign! Thanks for the chance!