cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Problems running World of Tanks - Blitz on AMD RX580 GPU

So, I have been playing World of Tanks - Blitz on my recently rebuild TOTB-2 gaming computer, but as of a few weeks ago, the game crashes when trying to start under Steam.  My current Adrenalin software version on this computer is 23.9.2 (end of August 2023 version) and no further updates are compatible with my configuration.  I know that the latest Adrenalin software version out right now, which doesn't support my RX580 GPU, is version 23.10.2 (mid October 2023).  It won't install on this computer, so I'm stuck with 23.9.2.  I have seen that other folks are experiencing crashes with the game too, and sometimes the graphics card software updates fixes the problem - but other times it doesn't.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?  I do plan to upgrade the RX580 GPU in a few months, but I would like to play the game now! 

It would be nice if this game didn't keep crashing to the desktop....It would be nice if this game didn't keep crashing to the desktop....

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Well, good news for me today!  One of my gaming computers that was crashing when I ran the game just had a Steam update and that fixed it!  I knew it wasn't something on my side.  Happy days are here again.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

10 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

No suggestions from the group?  Not even one?  Could this be a problem with the game and not my hardware / software?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Well, good news for me today!  One of my gaming computers that was crashing when I ran the game just had a Steam update and that fixed it!  I knew it wasn't something on my side.  Happy days are here again.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

Which GPUs Perform Best in World of Tanks? To get 60 FPS at 1080p with settings maxed out, we recommend an RX 6600. For 1440p, an RTX 3060 is ideal.

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Were the other folks who had issues/crashes and found solutions with GPU software updates also running an RX580? Or is this just a general problem for most WoT players regardless of their card?

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I had two machines that had the crash issue and they had different video cards (RX580 and RX7900XT).  Both are working now with the game update in Steam.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

I would start fiddling with some adrenalin options like turning off freesync if you have it.
Lowering clocks or memory?

The rule of:
If everything else works but not that game, then its probably the game.

Using an even older Adrenalin maybe? For troubleshooting purposes.

The Englishman

Well now.  This game is crashing again on my TOTB-2 computer.  What is going on Steam?

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It's also crashing again on other computers on my LAN.  What's going on with World of Tanks - Blitz?  It's the one game I really enjoy playing.  

Does anyone have an idea of what can be causing this?  World of Tanks - the main or original game, plays just fine.

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Another update today and the game is running again.  I don't know what's going on with the developers.....

0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

It crashed later on Monday, but here it is Wednesday - another game update on Steam, and it's working again!  What a sensitive game we have .

IMG_7965.jpeg

0 Likes