Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

yamarisjohnson
Journeyman III

Looking for the best 4k monitor for home

Hey Community,

I hope you are doing great!

Alright, I am here to take advice from you guys. My friend suffers from a serious disease and always stays at home. He wants to purchase a 4K monitor for gaming purposes. His dad asked me to suggest one, but I got confused. I suggested some of the 4K monitors that I know about, like

https://www.lenovo.com/fr/fr/c/LAPTOPS

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=4k+gaming+monitor

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-4k-gaming-monitors-pc-144hz,6023.html

But his dad wants more suggestions. So, I thought I should ask the community for help.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Best regards

7 Replies
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Love to see you're helping out a friend, @yamarisjohnson

Obvious questions first:

1. Is your friend primarily using it for gaming?
  2. Any specific games or genres? (FPS, RTS, MMOs, etc.) 
  3. Any preference on screen resolution/size? A standard ~27 inch, ~32 inch, or are we thinking wide/ultrawide?
  4. Is there a budget?

In my experience, I've been happy with LG monitors, but I believe GIGABYTE and Samsung have some great ones out right now.

rtbh99
Challenger

features to look out for: OLED or IPS display type(curved monitors are a meme), refresh rate, and obviously size of the monitor.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hey @yamarisjohnson , 

Welcome to the Red Team! 🙂 

I recommend providing answers to @Wally_AMD 's questions, as that will help nail down what could be a good fit. 

For me, I've had great experiences with LG and ASUS. Here are the monitors I'm currently using for gaming and occasional work from home:

• LG - 27" Full HD Gaming Monitor (primary gaming monitor)  
    • 144Hz - 2560 x 1440
  • ASUS - 27" - I was gifted this so unsure what it is. It's really old, so the quality isn't the best but it's a solid monitor. 
    • 75Hz - 1440 x 2560 

My partner is also a super fan of Dell monitors. They're on the pricier side (he got them on Facebook Marketplace for $200-$300, but they're very nice quality and haven't had any issues: 

Another person that could share some tips is @cpurpe91 , he recently purchased the  CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD240 Gaming Monitor 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have several LG 32 inch 4K monitors but they are limited to 60 Hz, so they are not good for gaming.  Their price was right though - around $350 USD each.  You should be looking for a 120 Hz 4K monitor and the bigger the size, the higher the price will go.  Expect to pay at least around $750 for a good one that's bigger than 27 inches.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
petosiris
Miniboss

I have this LG 48" TV/monitor.  Games look amazing on this one.  It has 120 Hz refresh rate and has support for AMD Freesync too.  Besides, when you're tired of playing games, it's a great TV for watching a movie. 🙂

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes
tstec
Adept III

Hi

I tested the Asus XG32UQ and it´s awesome, it´s 160Hz, 96% DCI-P3, HDR 600, HDMI 2.1 and it´s very future proof.

It´s one of the best monitores that i have tested.

I heard that the Gigabyte M32U it´s also great 

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

The Asus ROG PG48UQ I feel is the way to go. It's what I'm using and once you go OLED you can't go back. Worth looking at.

Specs: 47.5-inch 4K (3840 x 2160) OLED gaming monitor with 138Hz (overclocked) refresh rate

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes