cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

adscorpio
Adept I

Liking the new RSR

I am really liking RSR. I was kinda meh on the whole ray tracing thing, and then I started playing Control. That game really shows it off but my 6700xt could not run a playable framerate at 1440p with it enabled. Now i have all the rays on and it still gets 60+ 🙂 

Don't use it for everything, but where it can make a difference, it does. Anyone else trying it out, and what do you think?

2 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I actually found that RSR hindered the performance of my 6900xt. Mind you, I don't really need it on with that card. I did find that I get in-game stutters with it on sometimes. HW monitor shows the GPU blips. I've tried it and Super-resolution in a handful of games and I find that games just run better and look better with all of that off. fps isn't an issue for this card and the 10fps gain you might get isn't noticeable, but I see the advantages for less powerful cards. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Very interesting! I have not tried it yet but will add it to my list of things to do and report back.

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
0 Likes