cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Hogwarts Legacy - Released this week!

EGS_HogwartsLegacy_AvalancheSoftware_S1_2560x1440-2baf3188eb3c1aa248bcc1af6a927b7e.jpg

Calling all Harry Potter fans... this week was the big release of Hogwarts Legacy! 

I've personally been on the fence about buying it but I want to hear from you on your experience so far if you did decide to purchase! How are you liking it, what are your favorite parts? 

I think the biggest thing missing for me in this game is the multiplayer/coop option. It would just take the experience of this game to another level. 

There have been some streamers coming up on TikTok and Twitch playing it, and the customization in it is top tier. Everything you could ask for! I've also heard there are 40 hours of the main campaign and 100 hours of gameplay total if you complete all the side quests. So there is lots of gaming to get into here! 

giphy.gif

Bonus question - which Hogwarts house would you want to be in?

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
17 Replies
CGC
Adept II

And where is the driver supporting this game?

gennaz
0 Likes
rtbh99
Challenger

given jk rowlings track record the past few years i wont be playing this game.

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

It's 5:00am, I am on my first cup of coffee and just purchased it. It is downloading as I type this. The kids really wanted this one. They have school and I have the day off so I figure I would try it out for a while first. 🙂

venaur
Elite

Looks like an amazing game. Not sure if i'll be playing it anytime soon though. Maybe if they add a Co-op mod though. That would be beyond cool. 

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Yeah, I agree. Game looks really good, but not my style of game. I did enjoy watching some Twitch streamers play it though. Call me toxic, but I love the outrage even more. Never thought the world would get to this point. 😅😆

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Bought it and am getting into it today. Will report back @Amber_AMD 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

i was very undecided whether or not the game, because i don't very like the book, but when i saw that it was done

in collaboration with AMD i jumped right away to buy it!! 

Moist
Adept III

I'm having tons of fun playing it. Wish I had more time off work to really crack out. Runs pretty smooth on my 7900XTX with the exception of white bushes but solved by turning material textures to low. I recommend it.

eebiii
Miniboss

I am loving it. My son is too. I am about 17% into it and graphics are awesome and gameplay is smooth on my 5800x3d and 6750xt. I am running at 4096 x 2160 but the game does auto render before starting at sets me at recommended medium graphics settings. But it is 100% smooth with zero glitches, pixels, etc. I have not tried to push settings higher; I don't need too. But going to push it on my sons PC with the 6950 xt later on if I get some time.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

About 20 hrs in and can wholeheartedly recommend it! I'm loving it so far. There are book/movie easter eggs a plenty.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

Played about 7 hours so far but I'm really loving it, even as someone who isn't really a fan of Harry Potter. Not sure if it's because of the new drivers or not, but the game runs really smoothly, too.

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
eebiii
Miniboss

Update: My son's 5900x and 6950xt @ 1440P with settings at Ultra = smooth as butter. Temps 51C on CPU and 47C on GPU with loop. Turned on all ray tracing to "Ultra" and was getting some stuttering. Not to bad but noticeable. Turn all ray tracing down to "High" and everything is Perfect! Very smooth and unbelievable gaming experience. The Temps shot up on the loop with ray tracing enabled. CPU, 61-63C and GPU 72-75C. Those are comfortable temps for me and he could game 8 hours at those settings with zero issues.

Aellae0122
Journeyman III

The latest game version has my game going centred over 2 screens by somehow forcing my desktop into this. And for some reason i cant get it too reset without uninstalling adrenaline 

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

@AFKG-Curtis has been playing this a ton, I would love to hear what he thinks of it!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

Personally I love this game the combat feels very smooth and story is great. There is so much to do I am 20+ hours and I have barely scratched the surface on the content of the game. Check out my twitch AFKids Gaming I have streamed it a couple times already 😄

I went Gryffindor

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
TGWM
Journeyman III

I like others noticed the game auto sets everything to medium with similar config as others above.  Though ultra seems to run just as well as eebiii above mentions even with 6700xt.  Wonder why game sets conservatively.

Game is good so far, hopefully on 2nd play through it is different enough if I do evil things.  Also, has anyone seen any dynamic weather?  Always seems clear?

Wally_AMD
Community Manager

Hopefully not a spoiler, but seasons do change as the game progresses - so there are some weather affects here and there. But now that you mention it... I can't recall if it's rained...

0 Likes