Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Far Cry 5: All-you-can-eat Peggies!

Far Cry 5 Main Image.png

One word! Awesome!

What a great way to return to gaming! Thank you Ubisoft Montreal!

I’ve been playing practically every night, after my boy goes to sleep, for about 3 hours each night. I’m having so much fun, I don’t know where to begin describing my experience playing the game, but I’ll give it a shot (pun intended).

Shooting: Playing solo, while taking on wave after wave of Peggies reminds me of playing against real gamers. The AI is smart enough to trick me into various difficult situations; for example, being cornered, flanked, attacked by air, or hunted by the cult’s Hunters (with bow and arrows)! The action is intense, keeping me on my toes, especially when taking on an Outpost. Speaking of Outposts, I’ve bought a silencer for my handgun, assault rifle, and sniper rifle – very handy…and sneaky!

FC5_SniperRifles.png

Being stealthy in Outpost missions is critical, especially when you want to collect extra cash. In the end, shooting the Peggies is rewarding, to say the least. The physics, animation, motion, difficulty, and accuracy, are just a few of the ingredients that make this feature fun!

Helicopters: What a joy! Flying these bad boys across the massive regions of the game is incredible. The controls are intuitive allowing you to fly in any way you like. I’ve mastered flying low. I brush the trees and roads, fly under the bridges, and take on the Peggies with pleasure – if you know what I mean. I've also landed on top of the highest peak, first just for shits and giggles, and second for the loot. The gunships sport rockets, adding to the “blow-s%$% up” feature of the game. I’ve blown most of the shrines up in one flight while taking on Peggies on the ground.  

FC5_Heli.png

Weapons: All I got to say is…laser-guided-rocket launcher. Dood! Really! I don’t just blow stuff up as I travel across the regions, I’ve gone hunting with the thang! (I'm still on a mission to shoot down a bird or two). Yes, it’s ideal for any vehicles, helicopters, and/or herds of Peggies, but hunting? Yay! Again, the physics is impressive, and just fun to watch how objects react to the rockets. Explosions!

FC5_RocketLauncher_Guided.png

I haven’t finished the game yet. I did take out John Seed and Faith, and just joined the Wolves! But I can tell you, I foresee myself playing the game at least one more time just for fun, the moment I’m done with the story. Because, for me, it’s all about All-you-can-eat Peggies!

What about you y'all? Are you playing the game? What are your favorite things to do?

PS. Screenshots are courtesy of the interwebs, as I keep forgetting to capture them while playing. Sorry!

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
2 Replies
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

This is an incredible run-down. I think this convinced me to give it a try! 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

I love the detail in the review! This is extremely nostalgic for me, because one of my fondest memories of Farcry was from the original 2004 release.

A friend of mine had it on his Xbox 360 and I think it was like 2006 or something we were in his apartment and we ordered a huge order of McDonald's late at night and started playing it from the beginning. We stayed up all night long to beat the game, and had an incredible time doing so.

Man, those were the days....

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!