Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Lautres
Adept I

D3D Device lost error. After changed Geforce to Radeon

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my graphics card from a GeForce GTX 1080ti to a Radeon RX 7800XT, and I've encountered an issue specifically with the game "Mad Max". Whenever I try to launch the game, I'm faced with negative colors and missing textures during gameplay. Sometimes, I even receive the error message: "Error, D3D device lost. Device removed, reason: DXGI_ERROR_DRIVER_INTERNAL_ERROR: Graphics driver had a problem. Try updating the driver. Please verify that the latest drivers are installed."

It's worth mentioning that all my other games, including "Batman: Arkham Knight", "Sifu", "Visage", "Forbidden west" and even a 20-year-old game like "Crusaders of Might and Magic", run flawlessly without any issues.

I've already tried

updating to the latest AMD Radeon drivers and reinstall the game, but the problem persists. Any insights or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

d3d.jpg

d3d_mm1.jpg

d3d_mm2.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

yes, as i wrote in the post. but is olved it last inght. the resorep and reshade caused the problem, but i dont know the reason. because i use them other games too...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
432hz
Adept II

Seems like that game's shader cache and/or other cache/temp files may need to be deleted and regenerated.

Two things you could try:

1. Find and delete the game's cache / temp files

2. Delete and reinstall the game

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar

Hello.
As i wrote, i uninstalled the game with Your Uninstaller, but nothing. I dont know where the remaining cache files if could be any

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Did you use DDU to remove all the old drivers?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

Hi
Yes. I used DDU in the second time

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried reseating the GPU?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

why would this be necessary? all other games and UHD movies run smoothly. and by the way, I'm a visually impaired person, so I can't take out the video card by myself :S

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I wasn't sure if it was just this game or it effected other games. I imagine you already uninstalled the game and reinstalled it?

yes, as i wrote in the post. but is olved it last inght. the resorep and reshade caused the problem, but i dont know the reason. because i use them other games too...

0 Likes