Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Dragokar
Miniboss

Christmas holidays games giveaway

pexels-kristina-paukshtite-3444345.jpg

Well, I was absent for more than a week or two, but it was troublesome. I even destroyed the motherboard on my test rig just because I forgot scissors on it, but that's life.  I should be back more frequently onto the next year, but first I would like to give away some games. Nah, I am not rich or anything like that and if I could do what I like to, I would give all of you out there a happy and peaceful time.

For me, it does not matter where do you come from, what do you believe and what color your skin has, just listen to your heart and treat everyone with the same respect you like to receive. But enough emotions, let's get to the giveaway.

The games will come via a link from https://de.gamesplanet.com/ but don't worry, all games should be available to activate worldwide. You can switch the site to various languages by the way. My default is German, just click the flag and change it. 🙂

1. The Ascent
  2. The Sherlock Holmes Collection
  3. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
  4. Frostpunk: Game of the Year Edition
  5. DREDGE + Regions Of Ruin Bundle

What do you need to do to receive one of these five? Well at first you have to be at least Novice II in regard to the Community Rankings and the more important part is as follows:

Write me in a reply why you want to play and if you can remember your last good deed and what it was and when. I will collect your replies until the evening of the 26th Dec and simply draw. I will contact you via PN here or ask you to add me on Steam in a reply. Please keep in mind that my timezone might differ from yours and take it easy if I am not there anytime that you are maybe here. So many disclaimers nowadays.......oh another one, yes I bought and paid for the games myself. Also, my english sucks.......but now go get some 🙂

@Sam_AMDIt is live 🙂

4 Solutions
JCTango
Adept II

What a nice gesture!

I can't really remember specifics of a lot of the good deeds I've done; I think it's best to try to make it a habit to do what you can do to live harmoniously with others (within reason - don't put yourself in danger).

It's not a lot, but, when driving, I usually let people into my lane if they need to get in it, for example (I would want others to be as accommodating if I were in their shoes - plus what good would it do to fight over something inconsequential).

The last "good deed" I remember specifically that I did on a whim (just because I wanted to) happened when I took a trip downtown; I was coming off of a packed streetcar and was walking towards the crosswalk - as I looked up I saw a group of friends running towards me - they looked like they really didn't want to miss the streetcar. I just non-chalantly pushed the "open door" button on the side of the sidecar to keep the streetcar from leaving. As they got close, they smiled at me and said, "Thank you!"

It wasn't much, but I remember how happy they sounded that I chose to help 🙂 - it actually made my day and I still think about it.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holidays!

Edit:  Whoops - forgot to include:  I think it would be a blast to play Dredge - something about fishing in a horror environment where the unknown is all around you just creeps me the heck out!

View solution in original post

My last act of kindness was feeding stray cats in the park next to our house .and I'd like to play Frostpunk and keep people alive in that game too. 

May your Christmas be filled with joy and cherished moments with your loved ones

CaligoVereor
Challenger

Thank you for this giveaway and happy holidays!

I can't really think of one specific good deed, but I do help my mother and grandmother all the time. Whether it's tech stuff or just general help they need I'm there lol.

I'd like Dredge, that game has been on my wishlist since it was announced.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Dredge does look a like a good game, been wanting it as well. 

My last good deed was bringing a dozen donuts and some coffee to my local police station this am because having to work on Christmas and helping people in crisis is a tough job and in the world we live in, I don't think they are appreciated enough for the job they do. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED

16 Replies
JCTango
Adept II

What a nice gesture!

I can't really remember specifics of a lot of the good deeds I've done; I think it's best to try to make it a habit to do what you can do to live harmoniously with others (within reason - don't put yourself in danger).

It's not a lot, but, when driving, I usually let people into my lane if they need to get in it, for example (I would want others to be as accommodating if I were in their shoes - plus what good would it do to fight over something inconsequential).

The last "good deed" I remember specifically that I did on a whim (just because I wanted to) happened when I took a trip downtown; I was coming off of a packed streetcar and was walking towards the crosswalk - as I looked up I saw a group of friends running towards me - they looked like they really didn't want to miss the streetcar. I just non-chalantly pushed the "open door" button on the side of the sidecar to keep the streetcar from leaving. As they got close, they smiled at me and said, "Thank you!"

It wasn't much, but I remember how happy they sounded that I chose to help 🙂 - it actually made my day and I still think about it.

I hope everyone has a happy and safe holidays!

Edit:  Whoops - forgot to include:  I think it would be a blast to play Dredge - something about fishing in a horror environment where the unknown is all around you just creeps me the heck out!

My last act of kindness was feeding stray cats in the park next to our house .and I'd like to play Frostpunk and keep people alive in that game too. 

May your Christmas be filled with joy and cherished moments with your loved ones

Dragokar
Miniboss

So far so good, let's see if we can gather some more people. Thank you for your postings!

CaligoVereor
Challenger

Thank you for this giveaway and happy holidays!

I can't really think of one specific good deed, but I do help my mother and grandmother all the time. Whether it's tech stuff or just general help they need I'm there lol.

I'd like Dredge, that game has been on my wishlist since it was announced.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Dredge does look a like a good game, been wanting it as well. 

My last good deed was bringing a dozen donuts and some coffee to my local police station this am because having to work on Christmas and helping people in crisis is a tough job and in the world we live in, I don't think they are appreciated enough for the job they do. 

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Dragokar
Miniboss

Hello again, thank you for the replies. The good old @Sam_AMD will send you PNs with the gift links and the link to my steam profile. If you have any questions or issues, please contact me here or on Steam. Please remember, the first visit through the link will probably give a German website, but you can change it to English on the top.

The gifts go to:

• JCTango gets Dredge and Regions of Ruins Bundle
  • manticore2047 gets The Ascent
  • CaligoVereor gets Frostpunk: Game of the Year Edition
  • mengelag gets both of those: The Sherlock Holmes Collection and Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Oh wow!! Thank you so much @Dragokar ! What a nice little holiday surprise ☺️.  I hope you had a nice Christmas and best wishes for the coming year!

Thank you too. Might take some time since the PN system does not like my formatting and talks about html syntax errors 😄

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

No rush at all, and it's much appreciated. If you want my Steam, I can PM it to you also if that is easier 

0 Likes

Woohoo 🙂 Congrats peeps!

Thanks Dragokar for setting this up for us and to Sam for helping us out 😄

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their holidays!

Thank you @Dragokar ! Looking forward to checking out Frostpunk!

Thanks for the giveaway and happy holidays!

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hello @JCTango @manticore2047 @CaligoVereor and @mengelag 

Please give me a few minutes to send you the PMs. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

Alright everyone, I just sent the PMs to you all...check your inbox! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Dragokar
Miniboss

In case you have trouble....I did not thought that you might need an account for it. Could you please try it with an account?

*EDIT*

Me or Sam did send out the wrong links, most likely me 😄  Please PM me or poke on steam to send the correct ones. Sorry for that hick up, I probably copy & pasted the wrong one, but I still have the OG links ready. I did PM you guys the corrected links 🙂

Dragokar
Miniboss

I am back from the vacation with my wife and I hope you all enjoyed the New Year's Eve. May 2024 be a good one.

Hope you have a good 2024 too!